Business Development Manager - Lake Zurich, IL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Bureau Veritas North America, Bureau Veritas Holdings
Lake Zurich, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONA WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
The Business Development Manager reports to the Director of Jurisdictional Services. The primary purpose of the Business Development Manager will be to lead the Marketing and Sales function to include simultaneous efforts in development of national account programs, mass market initiatives and client portfolio management.
Technically, in the Pressure Vessels inspections services market, the Business Development Manager should have a credible background and knowledge of inspections services associated with Jurisdictional requirements. The successful candidate may well come from an insurance company or brokerage background with experience in risk and loss prevention associated with boilers and related machinery.
Key Responsibilities of this position:
* Work closely with the Director of Jurisdictional Services in the development of new jurisdictional business and commercial action plans for the Jurisdictional Inspections BU of the Pressure Vessels Division
* Develop sales and marketing material to be used in the acquiring of new business
* Participate in the strategic planning process
* Develop plans to cross-sell services and increase the organization s knowledge of services available to cross sell
* Make significant contributions to the visibility of Bureau Veritas and help establish the Bureau Veritas Brand in our markets
* Establish customer relations and good will to include customer feedback
* Partner closely with other key Business Development Managers to coordinate strategy and establish cross-sell opportunities
* Capacity for learning the BV and I&F organization, business model and culture along with the BV I&F product portfolio
* Evidence of success developing and growing relationships with large client companies
* Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively establish new business relationships as well as foster current client relationships
* Proven skills for teamwork and collaboration
* Outstanding organizational and analytical skills
* Available for travel as required
* Bachelor s Degree in Business Administration or related experience preferred
* Previous sales experience a plus
* Familiarity with boiler and pressure vessel jurisdictional requirements and machinery breakdown services a plus
* Microsoft Office skills
* Ability to work independently
* Highly motivated and driven
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below: