Business Development Manager 8/20/2016
UTi Worldwide Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
We have an exciting growth opportunity for driven sales executive looking to progress in their career! This position coached and will work directly with the VP of Sales. This is an opportunity with succession built into future, is that you*
The Manager of Business Development role is a sales position focused on new business development for UTi s services. This position will oversee acquisition of new accounts, designing and pricing solutions and presenting to clients. This requires working closely and coordinating with the Operations side of the business. This position is required to perform solution selling to sell the portfolio of UTi services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Client Relationship Management
* Develops a trusted advisor relationship with key executive decision maker
* Provides effective management in sales cycles from prospecting to pricing to closing
* Participates and leads sales and client planning meetings
* Effectively facilitates client bids and negotiations
* Elevates discussions to establish strategic partnerships with clients
* Brings leading practices and new ideas to client executives (capture mindshare)
* Elicits client feedback to help guide future product and service direction
* Maximizes cross-selling by providing strategic input to assist related accounts
* Works closely with Operations to deliver a high level of solution design and service to clients Evaluates internal leads for alignment with Solutions services
* Collaborates closely with regional and local staff to coordinate account activities
* Delivers results by leveraging the skills of the right people at the right time
Leads resolution of difficult issues through effective negotiation tactics
* Develops regional sales strategy which ties into overall corporate goals
* Supports Business Units in identifying and developing account and opportunity strategies
* Provides timely and accurate revenue and profitability forecasts
* Proactively identifies industry and economic trends that can impact UTi s business
* Identifies all potential risks and develops mitigation plan
* Communicates sales plans and status to management
* Supports a world-class sales organization in the region within approved budgets and continually increasing personal ROI.
* Keeps abreast of regional and industry developments
* Helps UTi capture mindshare by marketing/speaking at events
* Actively contributes to expanding company knowledge base
* Contributes to corporate projects
* Treats the client as the highest priority
* Balances the win for the client with the win for UTi
* Pro-actively participates in the processes of the company
* Actively uses and manages sales force automation IT and/or FOCSLE 2.0
* Turns in reporting on time and complete
* Follows UTi defined processes
* Represents UTi in the community
* Acts in accordance with UTi s corporate governance and effective controls
* Performs other duties as required
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
* 3 years Sales Experience with demonstrated success in the contract logistics business
* Bachelor s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
* Working knowledge of Windows XP, Windows 7, Internet Explorer
* Should be comfortable working with Sales Force Automation and Knowledge Management tools
* English (reading, writing, verbal)
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be fluent in English
* Intermediate knowledge of financial/accounting/budgetary terms and processes
* Must have experience in building relationships and trust with clients
* Should be well versed in supply chain management
* Should be both sales and operationally inclined can sell as well as deliver
* Should be familiar with solution selling concepts and methodologies
* Strong consultative selling skills - listening, attention to details, ability to probe and offer insight.
* The ability to sell custom solutions.
* Self- motivated and has a competitive drive.
* Strong organization, communication and decision making skills.
* Must be a team player who leveraged the greater capability of the firm and willing to share best practices with team members.
* The ability to quickly establish trust and build long-term executive level relationships with clients is absolutely critical to this position.
* Aspires to be part of a world-class sales organization and thrives as part of a high performing team.
* The ability to establish partnerships by selling at a higher level and avoid transactional business models.
* Should be familiar with the local business etiquette and customs of the region
* Travel Requirements: Travel up to 20% of the time to client locations and attend regional and/or global meetings
Demonstrated competency in the following areas:
* Business Planning
* Training design and teaching
* Acts as a team player
* Serves others before themselves
* Leads by serving as a role model don t ask others to do what they wouldn t do themselves
* Exhibits personal skills
* Probes to improve listening
* Listens before speaking
* Displays Business acumen
* Projects Personal Mastery
* 5 Years operational experience in supply chain/ logistics industry
* 5 years Sales Experience
* 5 years Sales Account Management Experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. May require physical effort associated with using the computer to access information, or occasional standing, walking, lifting needed to carry out everyday activities. Travel is required for this role domestically and internationally.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Post Internal Days
Number of Openings
This position is currently accepting applications.