Business Development Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Overview:
Molex is seeking a dynamic and proactive Business Development Manager to increase revenue, market share and profitability within Molex PCS Flexible Circuit Solutions (FCS) product space. Responsible for preparing and implementing business plans in support of reaching account and product line objectives. The BDM will work directly with Molex sales and customers to expand our presence in the market. Will also provide technical marketing and technical design assistance to customers directly.
* Chicagoland area (Naperville, IL) is the preferred location but will consider select locations within the Midwest *
* Manages all related strategic activities within assigned territory. Develops and implements strategic business plans to achieve key revenue, share, and profit goals for assigned territory. Includes preparing customer quotes and analyzing costs of custom products.
* Promotes FCS products and solutions throughout assigned territory including but not limited to product seminars, sales and distribution training and customer presentations. Assists in Molex product releases and development of marketing collateral as required.
* Identifies all product applications and opportunities that Molex has to offer in assigned territory. Conducts opportunity assessment in order to filter most promising programs and ensure optimal return on Molex resources. Builds a pipeline of programs, and converts opportunities to production that ensures revenue and profit growth.
* Keeps the business unit informed of trends, opportunities, and needs within assigned territory and relevant markets. Conducts research to analyze competitive position, market trends, and technological needs of territory as needed.
* Builds strong relationships with Molex sales team and external customers to support new and existing products. Coordinates with other areas of the organization to provide technical, operational, and service support as needed.
* Identifies new product development opportunities and supports/sponsors the development of these new products at the entities.
* Maintains a high level of product, industry and market knowledge.
* Prepares reports and tracking documents relative to meeting performance goals, forecasting business levels, identifying new opportunities and implementing programs. Maintains and keeps current portfolio management systems.
* Bachelor s degree in business or technical area of study (Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Circuits, Mechanical Engineering, Optical, etc).
* 5+ years sales/marketing/engineering experience in electronics industry.
* Experienced in technical aspects of custom product business development; including technical marketing, technical support, and on sight customer design.
* Advanced degree Technical or MBA with focus in electronics.
* 7+ years sales/marketing/engineering experience in specific product area (Printed circuits, printed electronics or value added printed circuit assemblies).
* Familiar with digital circuits and components, applications and product technical support for printed electronics assemblies
Skills and Abilities:
* Strong leadership and communication skills
* Organizational skills to anticipate, plan, prioritize and self-monitor workload.
* Effective written and oral communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express ideas, exchange information clearly and concisely, and deliver concise and effective presentations to customers and Molex personnel.
* Presentation Skills to convey business and technical details to a broad range of audiences
* Interpersonal skills to effectively work with co-workers and external contacts to respond positively to situations.
* Must be self-motivated and goal oriented.
* Travel to customers as needed
You Know Molex...
You may not see our name on the shelves, but our electronic solutions are inside the products you use every day. We work together with the world s innovators to design and manufacture electronic solutions that solve complex technical challenges.
At Molex, we not only employ some of the most talented people from all over the world, we work to help cultivate tomorrow's breakthroughs. From our corporate headquarters in Lisle, IL to manufacturing floors around the world, the Molex team is dedicated to helping further the limits of technology.
Visit us: www.molex.com | Twitter: www.twitter.com/molexconnectors |
YouTube: www.youtube.com/molexconnectors | Facebook: www.facebook.com/molexconnectors |
Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/molex | Our Blog: www.connector.com