Business Development Manager, Northern CA (Tim's Cascade Snacks)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
We are the maker, marketer and distributor of branded food products that have been American favorites for decades. Our employees located in more than 20 offices and plants across North America rally around our mission, Reinvigorating Iconic Brands. We work to transform our brands to be more profitable for our customers and more enjoyable for our consumers.
At Pinnacle Foods, every employee has the opportunity to make an impact from marketing and research & development, to manufacturing, finance and sales each function plays a critical role in our success. By living our values of trust, candor and ownership we create great relationships that help us deliver results and drive meaningful change for our brands and business.
SCOPE OF POSITION: The Business Development Manager is responsible for all sales related activities for assigned HQ accounts for Pinnacle snack brands / categories in assigned region. Position requires strategic planning and budget tracking. This position will develop business building relationships and interactions through all levels of assigned customers. Travel will be required up to 30% of time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned.
* Accountable for sales volume, budget, profitability, and execution of assigned accounts.
* Assist in establishing the sales volume objectives in major accounts by product line.
* Meet or exceed established sales goals and objectives by trade and chain account in assigned accounts.
* Monitors all spending including promotional spend to budget.
* Responsible for assigned trade customers; making sales presentations, formulation of sales programs.
* Develop and execute cross promotional marketing programs.
* Maintain good communication and build strong relationships with all buyers to ensure quality service; regular calls to present new products, promotions, price actions and advertising programs.
* Ensures that all trade customers are presented programs, promotions and product authorization in accordance with appropriate regulations.
* Work with a variety of independent distributor sales teams throughout region to improve awareness of Tim s products, programs and promotions. Also to optimize shelf space and permanent or temporary displays/racks.
* Maintains and ensures updated authorization list for all accounts and account profile information are available on assigned web based or accessible programs.
* Assist in collection of payments from any trade account customers as necessary.
* Ensure customer service levels are at or above stated goals and standards.
* Make periodic market surveys, checking on competition, distribution, product mix, product rotation and service.
* Utilize syndicated data to identify sales opportunities and develop HQ sales presentations.
* Attend trade shows as needed to benefit the business.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum three (3) years HQ account management experience in the consumer package goods industry.
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power point and Excel.
* Strong leadership and management skills.
* Strong bias for action and drive for continuous improvement.
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
* Strong interpersonal, influencing and analytical skills.
* Ability to develop and execute strategic and tactical sales plans including quotas and account objectives.
* Highly organized; able to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines.
* Comfortable interacting with all levels of management, including corporate leadership.
* Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced and dynamic environment.
* Bachelor's degree in business preferred.
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other legally protected basis.