Business Development Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Orchard Park, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOBHAM is seeking a Business Development Manager who will drive revenue growth by leading front end pursuits and campaigns for new technology, services and applications for existing customers (Business Development) as well as new customers (Market Development); identify opportunities and associated value propositions, working across the BU to develop solutions; manage pursuits through to contract award / handover; develop a strong opportunity pipeline that supports the BU and Sector's strategic and long range goals. Click here to enter brief role description overview. This position is located in Orchard Park, NY .
* Use Cobham's Business Win best practice framework to identify, qualify and develop revenue opportunities
* Understand customer needs and shape new business requirements
* Develop and execute win strategies to bring innovative solutions to customers
* Act as a Capture Team Manager or be part of a capture team
* Act as 'voice of the customer' and encourage team behaviours that focus on adding value and delivering customer benefits
* Maintain sales pipeline health to exceed order intake targets to support revenue generation
* Drive quality and timely responses of customer deliverables
* Own pursuit through contract negotiation and acceptance to Program hand-off
* Provide input to internal business strategy development, market analysis, long-range growth plans, and product and technology roadmaps
* Recommend potential partnerships, investments and M&A opportunities
* Completed Bachelor's degree in a Business, Engineering or Technology field
* A minimum of ten years of experience in a business development role
* This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
* Business Development experience in an Aerospace, defence, military, or manufacturing environment strongly preferred
* Sustained achievement of short range and long range organic growth plans through excellent pipeline management and strategies
* Successful execution of complex business capture and contracting
* Track record of excellent customer and industry relationships
* Strong knowledge of customer and end-user operational needs and buying influences
* Demonstrated strong commercial acumen in relevant business contracting environment
* Track record of presenting high-visibility material to both internal and external senior management
COBHAM\'S values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
COBHAM is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust COBHAM to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
_COBHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND EMBRACES DIVERSITY IN OUR EMPLOYEE POPULATION. IT IS THE POLICY OF COBHAM TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR GENETIC INFORMATION. COBHAM WILL REFRAIN FROM DISCHARGING, OR OTHERWISE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST, EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS WHO INQUIRE ABOUT, DISCUSS, OR DISCLOSE THEIR COMPENSATION OR THE COMPENSATION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS._
_SEE ALL OF OUR LATEST OPPORTUNITIES AT __WWW.COBHAM.COM/CAREERS__ OR FOLLOW US ON OUR LINKEDIN PAGE AT __WWW.LINKEDIN.COM/COMPANY/COBHAM_
_TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST APPLY BY GOING TO __WWW.COBHAM.COM/CAREERS_