Business Development Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Herman Miller, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONGeneral Purpose:
Develop revenue for the Region by identifying and securing project accounts that are competitively-held in large regional markets.
* Pursues any/all projects with existing and new accounts within the Region.
* Manages projects from start to finish including formulation of sales strategy for the account and coordination of necessary resources.
* Develops and builds sales volume/revenue to a sustainable level within new accounts.
* Initial key contact with customer to develop/establish productive/collaborative relationships with customer decision-makers, influencing them by using consultative selling skills to discover, diagnose, and solidify their needs and propose/deliver world-class solutions.
* Enables a smooth transition to an appropriate sales role within the Region to maintain the account and preserve the ongoing customer relationship, once the relationship is firm and headed for longer-term results.
* Proactively develops/maintains a personal network of Herman Miller "can do" allies to provide sales support to demonstrate design capabilities, schedule client trips, present product presentations, and develop facility strategy to achieve desired results.
* Maintains up-to-date client information and provides reports as requested.
* Actively participates, when appropriate, in team-based selling activities.
* Works strategically with business partners within Herman Miller North America and utilizes the current Regional Operating Agreements.
* Conducts all sales activities and processes within the parameters of the Herman Miller Sales process, utilizing corporate tools/resources provided.
* Maintains Salesforce (CRM) information so the Region Lead can accurately complete monthly forecasts of expected sales volume, by account, by product line.
* Manages within assigned expense budget.
* Performs additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
* Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field, equivalent level of experience considered.
* Three plus years of successful contract or capital goods selling experience, preferably including experience as a Dealer Direct Salesperson.
* Some knowledge of Herman Miller products, services, and culture, as well as the ability to distinguish Herman Miller products/services from the competition.
* Advanced selling skills, e.g., qualify prospects, lead generation, new business development, account penetration, strategic selling, conceptual selling, issues-based selling, consultative selling, negotiation and contracts (closing).
* Must have strong organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to collaborate and negotiate.
* Must be an assertive, self-starter with the self-confidence and ability to represent Herman Miller in a professional manner.
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, at all levels of the organization and able to build long-term relationships with customers/partners.
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication ability with strong emphasis on listening.
* Demonstrated high personal performance standards, the desire and ability to continuously learn, and must be results-oriented.
* Demonstrated high level of integrity and business ethics.
* Must be financially literate and possess business acumen.
* Expertise within a Dealer environment with sales planning capabilities.
* Willingness and ability to travel.
* Ability to effectively use office automation, communication, software, and tools used in the Herman Miller office environment.
* Must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodations.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.