Business Development Manager - Phosphates 9/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BENEFITS / PERKS: Full benefits (health dental vision), 100% travel expenses reimbursed, cell phone and laptop provided
LOCATION: Naperville, IL
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
* 5+ years experience in Food Phosphate industry or equivalent is preferred
* Bachelors or Masters within Food Science, Chemistry or Chemical engineering
* Candidates must have a "sales personality" - outgoing, smart, good listener, competent speaker, with the ability to make presentations and communicate a message effectively.
* Excellent communications skills are a must. Ability to persuade, convince, and negotiate with a wide variety of personalities is crucial.
* Must be organized and adept with a broad range of office and communication equipment and software.
* Call on manufacturers in the US food phosphate industry. Manage existing business as well as cultivate new customers and develop untapped areas within the market.
* Build long term partnerships with key technical, purchasing and management personnel within existing clientele and create new relationships in the territory.
* Dedicate a large percentage of working time traveling within the continental USA, visiting with customers, making sales calls, cold calls, presentations, etc. with non-travel days spent working from our US offices located in the greater Chicago area.
* Assess the competition in the region and report the activity to the management team.
* Forecast sales and make appropriate budgets. Meet and exceed sales and profit goals as assigned.
* Effectively communicate with a variety of customers - internal as well as external. Manage multiple projects at the same time. Take a high percentage of projects to successful completion.