Business Development Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Identify and pursue new business opportunities through a team approach. Identify and assemble appropriate team members from Sales, Marketing, Product Engineering, Process Engineering, Estimating, Program Management, and any other department necessary for success. Once the team is identified, coordinate all efforts to secure the new business opportunity
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Identify and pursue new business opportunities.
* Identify and assemble appropriate team members from Sales, Marketing, Product Engineering, Process Engineering, Estimating, Program Management, and any other department.
* Coordinate all efforts to secure the new business opportunity.
* Represent Shiloh in a professional and ethical manner to our customers.
* Be the voice of our customers to all levels of management at Shiloh.
* Enter all new business opportunities into Campfire (estimating system).
* Coordinate quoting activity to ensure all quotations are submitted to the customer on time.
* Review all new business contracts provided by the customer and ensure that the correct procedures are followed for order processing.
* Ability to work overtime
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four year college or university and two (2) to three (3) years' related experience and/or training.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to top management and customers.
* Mathematical Skills - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
* Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Computer Skills - Knowledge of Internet software; Spreadsheet (Excel) software, Word.
* Processing (Microsoft Word) software, and Presentation software (PowerPoint).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
* Knowledge and experience in stamping, welding, assembly, and tool & die.
* Good oral communication and presentation skills.
* Knowledge of the automotive industry and supplier base.
This position requires a low degree of physical effort. It requires frequent travel for business purposes, including international travel.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. All job functions are subject to modification.