Business Development Manager, Power Systems - Los Angeles, CA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONBusiness Development Manager, Power Systems - Los Angeles, CA
Kohler Power Systems, the world's third-largest generator manufacturer, has delivered energy solutions worldwide since 1920. Kohler Power Systems offers power generation equipment for residential, industrial, mobile and marine applications. Kohler also offers automatic transfer switches, switchgear, monitoring controls and accessories.
Join Kohler Power Systems as a Business Development Manager! The Business Development Manager will be responsible for aggressively growing profitable sales of Kohler Power System products (Gensets, automatic transfer switches, paralleling switchgear, packaging solutions etc.) in California and part of Nevada. He or she will partner with KPS distribution and key KPS accounts.
* Is responsible for successfully developing target accounts through cold-calling, prospecting/networking, and sales/business development activities carried out and/or led by the individual; the individual will need to assess level of involvement required from distribution to ensure greatest probability. Work with distributors and customers to quote and close projects. Provide project guidance for price and quotation strategy to distribution network.
* Establish long term working relationships with key individuals at the targeted accounts by becoming a trusted advisor and an integral part of their success. Provide guidance during the initial design stage and assist with developing project requirements, drawings, and specifications.
* Responsible for developing and executing the sales approach for every stage of a project, across value chain players (end-user, engineer, procurement, contractor, distributor), for each market segment.
* Oversee the preparation and negotiation of quotations for projects from targeted accounts. Provide value engineering assistance from initial design to bid.
* Must be knowledgeable in industry power products (generators, ATS, paralleling switchgear, custom enclosures etc.), pertinent codes and standards (NEC, IEEE, UL, IBC, etc.) and overall on-site power system design and integration.
* Play active role promoting KPS in trade events and associations. Work with Marketing and Engineering to create, prepare, and present technical papers and other application specific white papers for marketing collateral, trade journals and conferences.
* Support the development and implementation of defined Sales excellence (ex. process, training, tools, sales presentations, account and project tracking, metrics etc.).
* Support the continuous improvement of distribution capability in support of project sales. Synthesize feedback from key contractors and engineers regarding distribution capability. Ensure capability gaps are addressed.
* B.S. in Engineering is required. BSEE or BSME preferred
* MBA preferred
* Background in electrical engineering and strong understanding of electical systems
* 5+ years of power generation or related industry experience including direct sales on strategic/national accounts
* Proven track record of successful partnership building experience across various channels
* Outstanding communication skills with ability to influence individuals at all levels of leadership
* Ability to travel 60% within California and part of Nevada
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates' development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual's personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohler.com .
It is Kohler's policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com . Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.