Business Development Manager 9/8/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Ready to change the way the world works
The newly formed IBM Watson Health business unit is looking for talented individuals like you, destined to usher in the next era of healthcare. We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. The convergence of data and technology is transforming healthcare and life sciences organizations in every way.
We want to add people like you to our team, serving as a catalyst to improve and save the lives of people around the world while lowering healthcare costs through the power of cognitive insights.
We are looking for a strong Senior Business Development Manager (BDM), who will identify and close net new opportunities with large radiology groups and radiology managed service providers, as well as reseller partners for our Orthopedic and Lab solutions. In this national hunter role, you will develop and execute territory plan according to company policy, which will include strategic and tactical sales planning along with identifying, qualifying, demonstrating and presenting product capabilities to customers to increase sales and market share. Your goals will be to increase sales, improve customer satisfaction and develop new business opportunities and revenue streams while contributing to the Company's success.
This position is an individual contributor hunter role: hunting, managing the sales cycle, and closing. No farmers please!
* Meet or exceed all assigned quotas for sales, related applications and components.
* Act as the subject matter expert in complex, multi-solution sales opportunities.
* Develop business funnel/pipeline and ensure proper territory management.
* Ensure proper total qualification and assist Solution Engineers in technical qualification of prospects inclusive of site-specific data collection and analysis for needs identification.
* Manage and facilitate all solution demonstrations in assigned territory
* Deliver and manage all product presentations.
* Facilitate resolution of major sales objections presented by customers.
* Maintain responsibility for all customer relationship management data that is entered into Salesforce.com regarding your territory of responsibility including contracts, phone numbers/emails, and all other pertinent sales information relating to the hospitals.
* Drive and manage contract negotiations.
* Gather and analyze market intelligence providing ongoing opportunity/threat analysis.
* Maintain responsibility for all cross-functional department resource allocations to the sales cycle.
* Plan, execute, and attend regional/national trade shows and seminars with assistance from regional and corporate resources.
* Travel through assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to promote imaging product line, and solicit orders.
* Analyze customer's needs and recommend solutions that best meet customer's requirements.
* Reach a consultative level of sell with the customer.
* Quote prices and credit terms, generate proposals, and prepare salescontracts for orders obtained.
* Prepare reports of business transactions, maintain up to date and accurate account profiles and keep expense accounts.
* 10+ years of large deal "hunter" direct sales or business development experience in the Acute and/or Ambulatory healthcare marketplace
* Complex deal experience within healthcareIT or clinical solution sales.
* Proven ability to independently lead 7 figure deals ($7MM+) from identification to close, including financial and legal terms.
* Evidence of meeting or exceeding quota in multiple years during the last 5 years.
* Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
* Problem solving and project management skills.
* Acquired understanding of financial concepts and principles.
* Appliedexperience with complex clinical systems, managing multiple prospective clients thru a long sales cycle required.
* Applied competencies in designing and implementing enterprise sales strategies.
TRAVEL: Up to 75% travel is required for this position.
LOCATION: This position covers the entire United States at this time and can be worked remotely. However, preference will be given to candidates that live in the Midwest.
Together we will do things generations before us could not have imagined. Discover what you can make of this moment, embark on the journey with us at IBM Watson Health!