Business Development Manager ( Sales )
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Verne Johnson & Associates Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONDESCRIPTION -
For over six decades our Client has specialized in custom extruded plastic tubing and profiles. Client's reputation for producing exceptional made-to-order plastic tubing, cores and profiles is largely due to having a combination of highly skilled employees and unique extrusion manufacturing techniques. Tubing is used for both Medical and Industrial applications. Profiles are used by the Appliance, POP, Furniture, Industrial & Aerospace Industries.
The Business Development Manager Position will understand Client's extrusion capabilities and have a detailed understanding of plastics that can be used to develop new opportunities. Will target customers/markets where extruded plastics can be used to reduce cost or bring an advantage to that market.
Position reports to the Director of Sales & Marketing
- Understanding full scope of customer's business, developing multiple relationships between Customer and Client.
- Creating multi-functional teams from both Client & Customers to address cost reduction initiatives and develop new business opportunities to eliminate competitive situations.
- Working with customer's technical/engineering group to develop new products using Client's capabilities.
- Developing new business for Client by working with prospective customers as well as by resolving existing customer complaints and issues.
- Preparing customer sales budgets/forecasts and coordinating sales related activities.
- Prepare quotes, negotiating contracts, making pricing decisions and developing marketing initiatives.
40% travel is anticipated.
- BS degree in Engineering, Marketing, Business is preferred - MBA is a plus.
- 5 - 7 years experience in a senior sales and/or engineering position required.
- Experience and knowledge of Plastic Industry markets and plastic materials essential.
- Computer literate - Microsoft Office Products and other CRM software applications
- Experience is ISO 9001 or ISO 13485 environment a plus.
- Willingness to travel and work with global customers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Willingness to learn new markets & techniques.
- Prefer candidate to live within commuting distance but will consider other areas for highly qualified candidates - relocation expenses would be fully covered.
Salary is negotiable, depending upon experience presented, to 100K plus bonus opportunity.