Business Development Manager - Staffing Industry 8/9/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GLOBAL MANAGEMENT CONSULTING FIRM (GMCF; 20+ YEARS OLD, @$400 MILLION, 1,000+ EMPLOYEES, 20+ OFFICES NATIONWIDE, 18 INTERNATIONAL OFFICES)
_GMCF DESIRES TO HIRE CANDIDATES WHO ARE CURRENTLY BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROFESSIONALS SPECIFICALLY WITHIN THE STAFFING INDUSTRY._
We are a collaborative, entrepreneurial firm that takes pride in our people, culture, clients and work-life balance.
This is a Business Development Manager role with responsibility for expanding GMCF's management consulting services in the local market into organizations that are not existing clients of our firm. The successful candidate will be expected to work in collaboration with the Consulting team to increase GMCF's client portfolio.
The Business DevelopmentManager role is highly visible and focuses on signing new clients and selling work. Responsibilities include:
* Successfully developing and managing the strategy and plan to expand consulting services into organizations that are not existing clients of GMCF
* Developing multiple and/or complex consulting projects at new organizations
* Developing partnership relationships with new/potential clients' executive level personnel
* Formulating and executing best practices in generating leads, tracking opportunities and leveraging BDM services
* Managing account timeline, budget and other critical administration responsibilities
* Developing professional network through association memberships, speaking and writing engagements and community activities
* Working in collaboration with the Consulting team to ensure impactful conversations.
* 10+ years of sales experience in management consulting, advisory, and/or professional services
* Demonstrated track record of successful ability to sell solution-based engagements
* Experience implementing and running new sales channels
* Proposal development experience including the ability to effectively sell business solutions to clients
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
* Ability to establish immediate credibility with clients and within the company; can build consensus and achieve goals through influence.
* Excellent interpersonal/communication skills with professional staff, senior level executives and the community at large.
* Creative thinking and seeking innovative solutions to complex technical/business problems.
1st year - Ramp Up
2nd year goal - $1.5 to $2 million of net new business