Business Development Manager - West Coast Territory
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 1/13/2017
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Overview:
Molex is seeking a dynamic and proactive Business Development Manager develop and implement strategic business plans to achieve key revenue, market share, and profit goals for assigned core accounts for the West Coast Territory.
* Works with other areas of the organization to provide technical, operational, and service support as needed. Keeps the business unit informed of trends, opportunities, and needs at the account(s). Help identify target customers and requirements.
* Develops and implements strategic business plans to achieve key revenue, share, and profit goals for assigned core account(s); includes pricing and costing analysis of custom products.
* Services the account base by assuring our competitiveness in our operational performance, building strong relationships, and promoting products and technologies. Includes working directly with customers and Molex sales to support new and existing product.
* Serves as core account(s) expert in areas of technology, product needs, market segments, and business processes. Holds product seminars, provides training and/or technical support to both internal and external customers. Coordinates control and communication documentation.
* Identifies all product applications and opportunities that Molex has to offer in the market segment. Works with account(s) to identify new future products and supports/sponsors the development of these new products at the entities. Assists in supporting Molex product releases and marketing collateral as required.
* Prepares reports and tracking documents relative to meeting performance goals, forecasting business levels, identifying new opportunities, and implementing programs.
* Conducts research to analyze competitive position, market trends, and technological direction at the account(s).
* Bachelor s degree in technical area of study (Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Circuits, Mechanical Engineering, Optical, etc).
* 8+ years sales/marketing experience in electronics industry or relevant industry
* Experienced in technical aspects of custom product business development; including technical marketing, technical support, on sight customer design.
* Proven strategic thinking and execution to help grow and manage a product line.
* Advanced degree Technical or MBA with focus in electronics
* 5+ years of sales/marketing experience in specific product area (Sensor systems or printed electronic solutions).
Skills and Abilities:
* Strong leadership and communication skills
* Organizational skills to anticipate, plan, prioritize and self-monitor workload.
* Effective written and oral communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express ideas, exchange information clearly and concisely, and deliver concise and effective presentations to customers and Molex personnel.
* Presentation Skills to convey business and technical details to a broad range of audiences
* Interpersonal skills to effectively work with co-workers and external contacts to respond positively to situations.
* Must be self-motivated and goal oriented.
* Travel to customers as needed
You Know Molex...
You may not see our name on the shelves, but our electronic solutions are inside the products you use every day. We work together with the world s innovators to design and manufacture electronic solutions that solve complex technical challenges.
At Molex, we not only employ some of the most talented people from all over the world, we work to help cultivate tomorrow's breakthroughs. From our corporate headquarters in Lisle, IL to manufacturing floors around the world, the Molex team is dedicated to helping further the limits of technology.
Visit us: www.molex.com | Twitter: www.twitter.com/molexconnectors |
YouTube: www.youtube.com/molexconnectors | Facebook: www.facebook.com/molexconnectors |
Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/molex | Our Blog: www.connector.com