Marketing and Communication Associate / Proposal Writer - Impact Group - Marsh - Los Angeles
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc - Los Angeles, CAThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Marsh & McLennan Comp... Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc
- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- not provided
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
As the world's leading insurance broker and risk advisor, Marsh is devoted to finding the opportunity in risk. Companies look to us to help them navigate the daunting global risk landscape, seeing risks others don't and unlocking opportunities others can't. With 25,000 employees and annual revenues approaching $5 billion Marsh serves more clients in more industries worldwide than any firm in our industry. We are looking for talented professionals to join our team.
The successful candidate will exemplify Marsh s IGNITE Operating Principles, the behaviors that guide our conduct and growth - In Touch: Get out in front by being informed and being connected; Genuine: Be authentic with clients and each other; Nimble: Be flexible and move quickly to deliver quality results; Inclusive: Be open to diverse ideas, experiences and backgrounds; Trusted: Stand for integrity and ethical behavior; and Engaged: Actively participate in making Marsh extraordinary.
We are seeking a Project Manager I in our Los Angeles Impact Group.
General Summary: IMPACT is an internal resource group devoted to increasing the success rate of gaining, retaining, and expanding business for the company. IMPACT helps colleagues win more opportunities by delivering creative solutions through team-based problem solving, fostering collaboration and creative thinking between account teams and specialty resources. As a West Zone IMPACT Project Manager, core responsibilities include driving the strategy development and project management for Request for Proposals (RFPs) and other new business opportunities across 11 offices in the West Zone. Works closely with colleagues to identify opportunities, articulate value propositions and develop proposals / presentation for client engagement. We are seeking candidates based in the San Francisco or Los Angeles region. Essential Functions:
- Provide project management support for RFP responses (for new, expanded and at-risk business) and other new business opportunity presentations for 11 offices in the West Zone.
- Strategy formulation working closely with opportunity owner to help identify client/prospect business-drivers and create the optimal strategy to win the business
- Facilitate team-based problem-solving sessions to help teams articulate compelling value propositions for risk mitigation within various industry practices
- Write proposal presentation content that clearly and persuasively describes service features and benefits and is geared toward readers' needs and knowledge level; demonstrates clear language and good business writing principles.
- Create high-impact, customized presentations and rehearse/provide coaching for project managers and internal Marsh teams for competitive, oral discussions with C-level audiences
- Serve as principle problem-solver to deliver quality work within demanding
- Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to interface and work collaboratively with colleagues and management at various levels within an organization.
- Ability to think strategically and out-of-the-box - Not afraid to question/constructively challenge
- Ability to listen/understand from the client s perspective
- Strong project management skills (ability to establish goals and develop and implement plans of action).
- Excellent, organization, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and changing priorities.
- Requires attention to detail, excellent analytical ability and strong communication skills.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism, integrity and trust.
- Able to organize and handle multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical skill-set
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Demonstrates high level of proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.