Business Development Rep II 8/26/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Are you looking for a position that offers advancement opportunities, great benefits and recognition for a job well done Join MAFPRE Insurance!
MAPFRE Insurance is a forward thinking insurance company offering friendly service from over 2,000 professionals focused on taking care of you and your family. For decades, MAPFRE Insurance has been protecting families and their possessions with quality insurance coverage and a strong commitment to service excellence.
_Your Future Starts Here!_
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT REP II (SOUTH LOS ANGELES)
The territory for this position is South LA. Manage agency relations, ensuring that MAPFRE Insurance establishes and maintains the primary position for our automobile lines of business and our strategic position for the other lines of business for each agency in the assigned territory. Negotiate growth and profitability targets and monitor agency progress toward those targets. Prospect assigned territory for agency appointments and book transfers that meet MAPFRE standards. Inform Management of issues that impair agency progress toward these goals. Must stay abreast of Industry issues and report same to Management as warranted.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Education: Bachelor's Degree or professional level of knowledge in a specialized field, or equivalent, related experience.
* Experience: 4 - 6years - or Associates Degree equivalent plus 6 - 8years.
* Knowledge: Complete understanding and knowledge of industry practices, standards, and concepts within field of work. Applies them to perform or lead work requiring extensive analytical business skills.
* Decision Making: Makes decisions using broad management limits. Applies guidelines and procedures that leave considerable room for discretion and interpretation. Decisions directly influence project, client relationships and or expenditures. Additionally, decisions exert some influence on organization's long-range goals and objectives. Participates in determining objectives of assignments.
* Supervision Received: Works independently under general supervision. Work is reviewed for overall adequacy in performing tasks.
* Leadership: May provide training and guidance to less experienced staff.
* Problem Solving /Operations/Direct Work Involvement: Applies knowledge to determine solutions to complex problems with minimal direction. Uses research and analysis to develop innovative and practical solutions which are consistent with organizational objectives.
* Client Contacts: Manages internal and external relationships. Represents organization as prime contact for projects and other necessary communications. Interaction may include senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring complex coordination between organizations. Communication involves persuasion and negotiation, as applicable. Seeks ways of improving client service.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Participation in the CIC and/or CPCU designation programs preferred. Prior experience in a business development, underwriting and/or claims position within a company or agency environment.
MAPFRE is committed to recognizing our employees as our most valuable resource. We know our employees are the foundation for our accomplishments. That's why we offer so many opportunities to share in the success they help us achieve.
WE ARE MAPFRE. WE ARE PEOPLE WHO TAKE CARE OF PEOPLE.
To view complete job descriptions and apply, please visit our U.S. Corporate Website.
_We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer._