Business Development Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOverview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
Responsibilities: We're going to be honest: We want to sell you on this job opportunity. But we may not be the best at it - which is why we're looking for an employee like you; someone whose job it is to get people to say Yes!
A Business Development Representative at Direct Capital is not your typical sales person, and this is not a telemarketing position. In fact, we like to consider it more of a Strategic Account Management position.
If building relationships with B2B vendors and franchises like Dairy Queen or Ryder Trucks sounds good, or if working at a fast-paced financial services company that provides affordable lending solutions to an underserved market is what you're all about, then we think we've done our job. And have just found you a new one.
But in case you need some more convincing...
* You'll always have something on your plate. We call it busy-fun because you're constantly moving, but you'll love what you're doing.
* You'll have the opportunity to form connections with businesses from across the country and stretch yourself far and wide right from the office.
* Business Development sales representatives gain an understanding of the lending process and the number of different industries we work with.
* Direct Capital is not only a place to get your feet wet, but also a place to advance your career.
Great, now that we've got you hooked, here's what you're day-to-day will look like:
* Creating partnerships with vendors and influencing key decision makers
* Researching prospects and identifying the key people to call
* Delivering the value prop by crafting an effective pitch
* Presenting technology tools and solutions through webinar demos
* Recognizing Direct Capital as a FinTech organization and presenting our products and services in a relatable way to the businesses you reach
Do you have what we're looking for?
* Bachelor's degree - preferably in Business Administration
* 1+ years' experience
* Team oriented
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong customer relations skills
* Technologically savvy
* Outgoing personality that's comfortable with making and holding conversation
* Hard-working and efficient
* Passion for inside sales
Do we have what you're looking for?
Though we're convinced the answer to this is yes, we figured we needed to sell you on this, too.
Direct Capital is located in the heart of Portsmouth, New Hampshire - only a few miles away from downtown and the beautiful Atlantic Seacoast. Our company is filled with people that want to see you succeed and will become your mentors along the way. We have a stigma-breaking, obstacle-crushing atmosphere and are not your typical financial institution. You'll build a great relationship with the Executive Leadership team at our small company that does big things.
* Direct Capital's business is driven by 10 core values that employees embody every day
* We invest in your future, whether by advancing your education or building your 401k
* You'll have access to all of our benefits on day one
* Perks are tailored to you and your needs: Back-up childcare, pet insurance, virtual doctor's appointment, and more
* An in-house Avanti market, fully stocked with items you need throughout the day
* Giving back is important to our culture - we donated over $275,000 to local businesses in 2015
Do you think Portsmouth, Direct Capital, and our Business Development team is where you belong? Great - we do too.