Business Development Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
Interstate Battery System of America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview:
Business Development Representatives are primarily focused on market expansion and bringing in new accounts. The Business Development Representative will be a highly motivated inside sales person who will target new business development acquisition over the phone. They will close the initial sales and hand off the account to an Account Representative on their team. They will work both independently and as a team member.
The true nature of this position is be a hunter at heart. As a hunter, they enjoy the quest to find the right customers and are not afraid of rejection. The Business Development Representative will use a proactive approach in bringing new accounts to Interstate Batteries.
* Responsible for bringing value to the organization with the ability to expand the product base with newly acquired and existing accounts as well as increasing the per transaction sales with the highest level of profit margin
* Generate sales leads within their specific geographical region
* Coordinate new accounts and initial orders with Customer Service Representatives and Account Representatives
* Be flexible and willing to adjust to different work schedules in different time zones
* Have the ability to multitask, be well spoken, outgoing, organized, detail oriented and dependable
* Must have a flexible approach and learn quickly while adapting to changing work conditions and environment to maximize sales and increase profit margin
* Work with marketing and promotional programs emphasizing asset turnover ratios
* Daily focus on achieving the goals and objectives established by upper management (MBOs)
* Develop business strategies which support MBO's and drive KPI's set by management
* Follow up on company provided leads
* Complete approximately 120 cold calls per day, targeting businesses within assigned region.
* Work productively every day to meet daily sales goals and other expectations which will allow you to maximize your compensation plan and solidify your position within the organization
* Provide product support and become the expert within the electric industry
* Four year degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
* Must have 2-3 years of business to business sales experience with a track record of success in account development and expansion
* Possess extensive inside-sales experience, with experience prospecting at least 25% of their own leads
* Must be self-motivated
* Must be a team player, focused on delivering the highest level of service to the customer by following the Interstate Battery Playbook
* Must represent the company while displaying the highest level of ethics in the sales process
* Must be extremely comfortable with technology and have used a CRM or software tracking system
* Must be able to pass a background check
* Must be able to type 35 wpm
* Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and work with various personality types with superb telephone etiquette.
* Ability to adapt and change with the growing business needs and consistently demonstrate decision making skills based on thorough research of facts and exhibit ethical judgment.