Business Development, Sales, Architectural, Commercial Construction 9/7/2016
A Global Diversified Manufacturing Corp
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Business Development, Sales, Architectural, Commercial Construction, Building Facade
Competitive Salary [about $80k] PLUS Bonus - Full Benefits
_ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS/EDUCATION_
* Building & Construction Industry knowledge
* Familiarity with Hartford, CT and surrounding markets
* In-depth knowledge of the aluminum business (5-7 years' experience)
* In-depth knowledge of competitors within territory (5-7 years' experience)
* Knowledge of sales principles and practices i.e. prospecting experience through cold calling, networking and research.
* Successfully propose, negotiate, and close profitable revenue opportunities at existing and new account locations by leveraging strong relationships with senior operations executives.
* Evaluate customer needs, understand market drivers and forces, and ensure appropriate service/product delivery and pricing.
* Grow the business & find new revenue opportunities, and create productive, long-term customer relationships within the _Architectural Aluminum industry._
* Participate in key industry organizations like the American Institute of Architects.
_MAJOR ACTIVITIES/KEY CHALLENGES_
* Proven record of promoting, selling, and securing orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
* Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
* Excellent communication, presentation, written and technical skills that can be used to establish and strengthen both external & internal customer relationships.
* Ability to analyze new customer opportunities and add when needed to achieve sales targets
* Ability to resolve problems in the field
* Ability to promote during industry trade shows
* A mechanical aptitude with general interest in the building sciences
_PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS _
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution / Engineering & Architectural degree preferred
Minimum 2 years of sales, marketing or project management within construction, commercial building or faade / Minimum of 2 years within the General Contractors, Glass, Glazing, Commercial, Panel Manufacturers and Wood, Window & Door