Business Development / Sales Executive 9/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY & BUSINESS AREA DESCRIPTION
Business Devlopment / Sales Executive
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
LOCAL UNIT & POSITION DESCRIPTION
DNV GL Energy s Testing, Inspection, and Certification (TIC) Group is seeking a Business Development / Sales Executive with a strong focus on the North American utilities to join our Power TIC team. This position is located in Chalfont, PA.
KEMA-Powertest is the largest high power electrical testing laboratory in the United States providing electrical power, dielectric and mechanical testing services to a variety of clients from government and industry to utilities.
Tasks May Include
* Meet and exceed Business development (BD), sales and revenue targets; develop and implement a growth strategy within utilities and generation companies
* Be responsible for year over year BD and sales growth in areas directly related to Power TIC s traditional short circuit and dielectric test and certification business
* Travel to utilities and generation companies to develop business relations with new clients for the services offered by the Company and maintain existing customer relations
* Manage and recognize new customer business opportunities, develop and track all incoming leads in our CRM system, gather needed data for opportunity assessment
* Embark on customer sales & relations visits, with documentation & customer follow-up of client opportunities
* Produce weekly and monthly sales reports
* Formal Contract management, control risk concerning liabilities and insurance
* Utilize BD, sales, marketing and engineering expertise in performance of the following assignments within established time and cost parameters
* Be involved in preparing quotes for the day to day RFQ s and estimate the time, materials and manpower for complex test programs
* Respond to customer inquiries regarding laboratory s capabilities
* Follow up with project progress, coordinate project process between Laboratory and customer, keep track of and report financial performance during project execution
* Be actively involved in US marketing intelligence
* Represent Power TIC and DNV GL at utility and industry expositions and conferences
* Take initiative and be involved with strategic contributions to the organization
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of applicable ANSI, IEEE, IEC, UL and other standards
* Bachelor s or Master degree in Electrical Engineering desired
* 10+ years of practical business experience in the field of utility, power distribution, or electrical equipment manufacturing environment as a customer-facing engineering, sales, or marketing representative
* Demonstrable experience in successfully meeting and exceeding sales and revenue targets, of developing relationships with new and existing customers, and building growing opportunity pipelines
* Willingness to travel up to 75%, within North America
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office
* Strong written and verbal English communication skills
* We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
Please note: immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position.
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
DNV GL is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/H/V