Business Development Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Arcadis U.S. Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
The client-facing Business Development Specialist (BDS) role will support outside sales, client relationship, and pursuit activities, as well as supports the implementation of client and business plans and strategies. The BDS will work with Client Development and Operations leaders to identify and assess markets, clients, and opportunities that are within assigned market areas through research, documentation, and client activities, including external networking, event/sponsorship coordination, client outreach and meeting coordination, professional organizational involvement, networking with subs/teaming partners, supporting general market or specific client research and other business development activities as assigned.
The successful BDS will be able to work with the Client Development, Operations and Sales Enablement teams, pursuit team members, clients, and organizations locally, as well as remotely. The ideal BDS requires a strategic thinker with strong business acumen; a professional demeanor; high energy; keen attention to detail; initiative; an ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, multi-task projects, build effective internal and external relationships, and meet deadlines; excellent follow-through; accountability; and effective communications, interpersonal, and writing skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the below:
Research & Documentation
* Support in the identification of and research leads, opportunities, clients, decision makers, and competitors through primary and secondary research as assigned
* Support business/event sponsorship and sales pipeline goal tracking for assigned appropriate regions/markets in the Business Line
* Support in making updates and maintain accuracy of information in pipeline system for assigned markets
* Update and maintain research materials on clients, opportunities, and other assigned projects
Client & Pursuit Support
* Participate as a member of the pursuit team to carry out assigned action items and support billable Client Development and/or Operations with their actions through the client and pursuit planning process for select clients or assigned markets as requested (i.e. attending client events, setting up client meetings, bring back client intel and project information through networks, attending evening client board meetings, as well as tracking or researching agendas and minutes as-needed)
* Assist as-needed with recruiting efforts by identifying potential key hires or potential teaming partners for strategic pursuits based on market knowledge, industry connections, networking, etc.
* Develop business development lunch and learns to share best practices with staff relating to networking, finding leads, and other business development topics, as applicable
Client-Facing Relationship Building / External Networking / Outreach
* Develop and maintain strong business network
* Coordinate and schedule meetings with current and potential external clients as requested
* Develop client relationships through face-to-face meetings and attending client meetings and events (often with the technical Ops, CD Lead or Project Manager) to generally position ARCADIS in the market or for a specific pursuit
* Coordinate opportunities for internal clients to engage with external clients and further our pursuit efforts through involvement in targeted professional organizations
* Support with outreach efforts such as organizing sponsorships, client events, and tradeshow coordination, white paper or presentation development, and public relations efforts as needed based on availability
Proposal/Interview Support (As-Needed depending on client/pursuit)
* Where requested, support Client Specialists through the proposal and interview stages stage by ensuring client pain-points and themes are addressed and messaging is aligned with the client-facing knowledge collected throughout the positioning phase (for the clients where the BDS brings relationships or knowledge)
* Work with technical staff to support proposal assignments/tasks, as directed by the Pursuit Leader, PIC or Client Specialist
* BS degree and 5 years of experience in a marketing, business or strategic development role.
* Must possess 3 years of strong research and documentation
* Strategic thinker and high energy
* Must have construction industry experience
* Attention to detail
* Must have the an ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, multi-task projects
* Build effective internal external relationships and meet deadlines
* Strong organizational skills
* Effective communications, interpersonal, and writing skills
Background/Drug Screen Statementcolor
Arcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in*
Apply to job Send to friend Save to cart View similar jobs
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.