Business Development Specialist 9/3/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST-NYC (OR NJ OR CHICAGO)
The Business Development Specialist will enhance and support the business development (BD) needs primarily for our nationally ranked, large law firm client's Corporate (M manage the pitch/proposal-development process from start to finish and ensure presentation of content is consistent with branding.
* Track industry news for opportunities/issues.
* Identify or create client/prospect outreach development tools such as one-on-one meetings, seminars and speaking engagements, events, sponsorships, client alerts, newsletters, fact sheets and other direct client communications.
* Identify opportunities for thought leadership and other marketing and campaign ideas to increase brand awareness within the practices.
* Track the actual number of wins/losses and reasons for them.
* Serve as point of contact for conferences, sponsorships and seminars; coordinate with lawyers and others to provide required materials.
* Develop directory awards/rankings submissions with the lawyers on the timing demanded by the rankings calendars.
* Orient laterals, including working with them to create biographies, announcements and to develop and implement BD plans that take the global platform, synergies and cross-selling opportunities into consideration.
* Monitor competitive activity, client and company, sector and geographic trends, draw conclusions, assess implications and prepare marketing and research reports.
* Assist with assessing/recommending priorities for BD plans/budget, track budgets throughout the year and make recommendations to optimize limited resources.
* Promote usage of new and emerging technology.
* Regularly update and work with Public Relations and Communications colleagues to promote lawyers matters and publications.
* Proactively track deals and submit new matters to ranking agencies for league table and other credit/acknowledgment.
* Collect and archive matter/case summaries and all related information for use in pitches/RFPs, bios, legal directory submissions, website, annual review, press releases etc.
* Coordination with other offices for practice/sector specific events (i.e. CLE events, office-specific events as needed).
* Assess the return on the investment of time and cost for larger initiatives on a quarterly basis.
* Regularly update bios and practice descriptions with new content, including matters and awards/rankings.
Experience & Qualifications
* 3-5years of experience working for a law firm, consulting firm or financial institution. Bachelor's degree or equivalent required (JD a plus), law firm experience a plus.
* Ability to juggle multiple high-visibility, time-sensitive business development projects.
* Exceptional attention to detail and strong communication skills.
* Strategic thinking and the ability to take a leadership role with respect to the production of high quality materials.
* Results-oriented, self-directed individual with the demonstrated ability to prioritize, juggle multiple
Very interested in candidates out of tech/start up and financial services (ie big 4 and financial institutions like hedge funds etc).
Up to $97K