Business Development Specialist - Renewable Energy (Burndy) - Los Angeles, CA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONFounded in 1924, BURNDY manufactures electrical connectors and installation tooling and wiring accessory products for the commercial, industrial and the electric utility markets. We are world-renowned for our robust product lines, commitment to innovation and exceptional customer-centered service.
Standing behind all those accomplishments are our people. It s this talent that we consider to be our company s greatest asset. As such, we are invested in your success.
BURNDY offers a wide range of health and welfare, incentive and educational opportunities that have earned us a reputation as one of the leading employers. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical, dental and vision insurance, a Retirement savings plan, Time away from work and more! We also offer great opportunities for Professional development and training: Leadership Development Program, Project management training, Six Sigma training, Toastmasters and more!
When you work at BURNDY, you can expect an environment where your expertise can engineer, build and supply the framework to merge the company s success with your own.
Develop and maintain a thorough economic and technological knowledge of the assigned Vertical Market. Determine what approaches and methods to be utilized in order to profitably create demand & increase sales penetration in this market. Has responsibility for supporting and growing sales of assigned house accounts, customer presentations, demonstrations, achieving standards/specification approvals and helping to develop marketing programs designed to gain market share. Maintain close contact with top customers to ensure alignment in strategy and New Product Development. Responsible for obtaining, maintaining, and communicating Burndy Products written specifications at Key Utilities, Engineering Firms, EPC s, Industrials, Contractors and other end users depending on the market assigned.
* Maintain and Analyze specific Vertical Market End Customers Databases, Top Engineers/Specifiers Database, and participate with sales management in setting sales strategy and goals.
* Ownership role in identifying specification opportunities and working with the sales reps to follow thru to completion of getting on specification.
* Responsible for Maintaining Reed Database for Projects (where applicable) within vertical and be project lead for key projects from phase 0-completion, working with the local Field Sales Reps, ensuring Burndy s success in supplying full portfolio of products on the project.
* Perform presentations at top Engineers/Specifiers to ensure Burndy products are specified.
* Serve as the Burndy Vertical Market Expert and as such make sure Burndy products are keeping up with industry specific specifications.
* Responsible for working with applicable PLBT Leaders to help provide Market forecasts.
* Post current Standards on Share Point. Alert Field Sales to changes on Standards.
* Develop new product plans with Product Manager within the applicable vertical market to support successful introduction.
* Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year College or university; and four to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
* Must be able to deliver high level technical presentations to engineers/designers.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
* Strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Must have strong Microsoft Office, e-mail and other PC application skills.
* Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
* Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.