Business Development Supervisor (Health Care and Life Sciences)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONBUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SUPERVISOR-HEALTHCARE & LIFE SCIENCES INDUSTRY
_New York, NY_
The Business Development Supervisor provides dedicated business development and marketing support for the development of priority client relationships and new business opportunities in the Healthcare & Life Sciences industry.
* Support and enhance the firm's Healthcare
* Develop and execute industry business development plan and strategy with key metrics;
* Strategize and interface with internal stakeholders on proposed industry marketing initiatives and client development projects;
* Research, analyze, and report on high level trends and developments impacting industry and identify new business opportunities as well as customized thought leadership responses;
* Facilitate client relationship management including understanding of priority clients' current work, key contacts, and practice offerings and advise internal stakeholders on relationship building strategies;
* Monitor priority clients' business, movement within clients' organization, and other developments and identify cross-selling opportunities to expand client relationships;
* Prepare relationship partners for client meetings by providing talking points, tailoring materials, and refining research;
* Identify and facilitate client partnership opportunities including CSR, diversity, and thought leadership programs;
* Organize and coordinate events, client trainings, and conferences;
* Document industry specific experience and credentials and ensure content is kept current;
* Develop, edit and disseminate materials, including pitches/proposals, and RFP responses;
* Collaborate with Global Business Development team members across the Americas, Asia, and Europe on cross-practice integrated client outreach and marketing campaigns;
* Liaise with various Firm departments including Finance, Office Services, and IT to carry out firm wide initiatives;
* Provide a high level of client service excellence to lawyers, professional services teams, and clients;
* Participate in Bdev departmental cross-training;
* Work overtime and travel as required; and
* Handle additional related projects as assigned.
* Bachelors' degree;
* 5-8years of marketing experience;
* At least 3years of experience in a professional services or legal environment (preferred);
* Experience in Healthcare
* Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
* Fundamental knowledge of CRM systems (e.g., InterAction);
* Advanced proficiency in online research and internet resources (Lexis-Nexis and equivalent);
* Advanced proficiency in English language usage, including punctuation, spelling, grammar, and writing;
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
* Advanced knowledge of marketing principles, procedures, concepts and practical applications; and
* Advanced knowledge of the needs and expectations of law firm operations and corporate legal clients in order to function at a strategic level.