Business Finance Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMcKinstry FMS LLC, a division of Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions is currently seeking a Business Manager to join the team as a member of our growing Facilities division.
Since the late 1990s, McKinstry has built an unparalleled technical competence in data center facility management, with a track record of delivering greater than 99.99 percent uptime. Brookfield GIS is Canada s leading provider of real estate management services, including facilities management, critical environments facilities management, project delivery services, energy and sustainability solutions, building performance management, workplace advisory and management, and real estate services. Together, the two entities will be one of the largest and most trusted providers of critical environment facilities management in North America. McKinstry FMS, LLC was formed to manage McKinstry s facilities management line of business and prepare for expansion.
McKinstry is a full-service, design-build firm specializing in consulting, construction, energy and facility services. The firm's innovative, integrated delivery methodology provides clients with a single point of accountability that drives waste and redundancy out of the design/build process. With nearly 2,000 professional staff and trades people throughout the United States and operations in more than 15 states, McKinstry advocates collaborative, sustainable solutions designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and optimize profitability "For The Life of Your Building." For more information, visit www.mckinstry.com.
Purpose Statement: Lead financial management of McKinstry P&L and Client Operating and Capital expenditures.
* Responsible for P&L reporting and analysis relating to both revenue and expenses.
* Client capital and operations expenditures monthly forecasting and reporting.
* Execution of Purchase Order, invoicing and tracking functions.
* Assists in maintaining internal control compliance across the organization in order to ensure an understanding of risk areas, as well as to identify opportunities to improve processes and enhance controls.
* Prepare monthly internal and client financial reports.
* Subcontract set up process for vendors. Ensure that vendors meet Insurance and Master Agreement requirements.
* Supports annual audit process by preparing schedules requested by auditors.
* Provides technical guidance to employees.
* Reviews the work of staff accountants while mentoring and developing their skill sets.
* Supports Facilities Managers in the vendor selection and set up process.
Carry out other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance or in a related field or equivalent work experience required.
* Strong knowledge of GAAP, accounting theory, current accounting issues, and accounting systems required.
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio required;
* Seven (7) years general accounting experience. Public and private experience required.
* Data Center operations experience highly desired.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
* Ability and willingness to travel regionally.
* Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
* Normal office working conditions.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Key Words: Accounting Manager, Operations Manager, Facilities Operations Manager, Data Center, P&L, Forecasting, Capital Expenditures,OperatinExpenditures, Vendor Management, Master Facility Agreements, Business Process, Facility