Business Financial Analyst
Pasha Group - Corte Madera, CA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The Business Financial Analyst is a management accounting and operational metrics resource and control agent acting in support of Operations Executives, Business Unit Leaders and Managers. The Business Financial Analyst is a key member of the divisional management accounting team and has responsibility for financial and operational analysis, budgeting and forecasting as well as financial month-end and quarter-end auditing, forecasting and modeling activities. Additionally there are some divisional administrative control functions and tasks for which the Business Financial Analyst is responsible.
Responsibilities related to operational metrics - data sourcing, control and support:- Support or direct the creation, maintenance, control and continuous improvement of divisional reporting, tracking, communication and record keeping systems and processes.
- Ensure security controlled, real-time availability, accuracy and transparency of: Financial analysis supporting data warehouses, forecasts and budgets. Materials related to component rates, costs and throughput rate setting criteria.
- Support business unit leaders and managers in establishing and maintaining operational and financial reporting and tracking that allows for real-time measurement of KPIs and in-depth 'root cause' variance analysis.
- Facilitate the development and auditing of actual performance against department-level annual budgets linked to divisional and departmental KPIs, and specific unitized performance metrics and objectives by operation or business type.
- Facilitate the compilation and communication of monthly forecasts and projections developed and owned by business unit management.
- Facilitate functional fixed asset management and reporting structures, establishing productivity, monthly costs, and service-life metrics.
- Assist business units with the establishment and maintenance of volume and productivity metrics in support of present and planned staffing, equipment and facility investments.
- Lead and facilitate divisional exploitation of 'Business Intelligence' - data warehouse reporting opportunities enhancing capabilities in 'flash reporting' and budget development.
- Support and enhance system driven variance tracking and reporting tools and efforts focused towards bringing operational variance management closer to real-time.
- Support and/or schedule weekly and monthly metrics reporting and operational reviews.
- Develop complex financial models to simulate and drive behaviors.
- Produce Ad Hoc reporting on the fly for both internal and external customers.
- Create and execute project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.Responsibilities related to process controls:- Establish and maintain process controls ensuring divisional consistency and adherence to established enterprise policy and procedures for operational metrics and data reporting.
- Monitor Financial and human resources tracking, reporting and authorization.
- Monitor CAPEX authorization, tracking and reporting.
- Monitor Corporate & Divisional allocations.
- Oversee GL Operational Account use to ensure divisional and enterprise consistency.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and files as support for all transactions.
- Leverage strengths of the current Finance team members; help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.Work Environment
Fast-paced office environment with moderate level of noise and frequent interruptions
Bachelor's degree in Finance, or related field such as Business Administration, Accounting, or Economics.
Experience:- 5+ years of directly related financial planning, budgeting and forecasting for a multi-national company.
- Sage MAS 500 or similar ERP system experience preferred
- Strong project management experience preferredSkills:- Proficient with Sage MAS 500 Accounting system or similar ERP system
- Proven skills in analysis and financial presentation
- Basic knowledge of cost accounting & GAAP
- Well-developed ability to negotiate, influence, and persuade others
- Ability to gather, analyze and validate data for reporting purposes.
- Ability to manage and deliver on multiple competing priorities
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment, prioritize projects and deliverables, and interact effectively with cross-functional teams
- Excellent quantitative and analytical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Aptitude to blend finance, accounting, systems and operation together
- Basic working knowledge of SQL
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products at the following levels: Advanced level of skill-Excel. Intermediate level of skill-Power Pivot, Word, Outlook, and Visio. Basic level of skill-PowerPoint
Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and have the ability to lift 20 lbs
Relocation is not offered for this role.
The Pasha Group is an equal opportunity employer