Business Innovation Group
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTHE GIG:
You have big goals. Big ambition. And you're ready to take on a big adventure
United Shore's BIG program may be just what you're looking for.
BIG stands for Business Innovation Group, a 12-month rotational program that gives you the opportunity to work with nearly every United Shore team. From Sales to Finance to Engagement, BIG members spend from 1 to 8 weeks on each team. Through observation and hands-on experience, you'll learn the key role that each team plays in our success. You'll also gain invaluable knowledge of the mortgage process.
Along the way, you'll also learn a lot about yourself: what roles and projects inspire you, and where you feel most at home. You may start out convinced you're AE material, and fall in love with IT instead. We want you to find the place where you can be you, in all your glory. Being you, you'll have unique opinions of how things are done here at United Shore.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
You'll be experiencing the entire company one team at a time putting you in a position to see the big picture, and we want your feedback. We'll also ask for your own innovative ideas for furthering the company's growth and goals.
The BIG program is a rare opportunity to learn every aspect of a company, and see how so many diverse teams can work in harmony to reach our goals. Just as important, you'll build strong relationships with team members across United Shore that could last for years to come.
OTHER PERKS OF THE BIG PROGRAM:
* A one-on-one mentor from United Shore's senior leadership team
* Monthly professional development and leadership workshops
* Regular breakfast sessions with leaders focused on specific company goals and initiatives
* The opportunity to design and complete an innovative capstone project in teams and present this idea to senior leadership
* After-work outings to build team relationships
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
* The ability to take initiative, ask questions, and dive into new projects
* The ability to adapt quickly to new schedules and teams
* Creative problem-solving skills
* A positive attitude and great energy
ALSO, ONE OF THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED:
* A bachelor's degree with leadership coursework or examples of leadership/entrepreneurial positions held in college
* A certificate from an independent leadership/entrepreneurial training course
* Training in leadership or a leadership role from your current or previous positions
THE PLACE & THE PERKS:
United Shore is a diverse group of over 1,600 mortgage experts, sales superstars, tech gurus, marketing whizzes, and more - all working toward the same goals. We're a $13 billion and growing, family-owned-and-operated company that still feels like family. We have an award-winning workplace that just happens to be home to the #1 wholesale mortgage lender in the country, United Wholesale Mortgage. We're committed to a 40-hour workweek. And we believe in setting our team members up for success by creating a unique, energetic culture where you can be yourself and still reach your goals.
HERE ARE JUST A FEW OF THE REASONS YOU'LL LOVE WORKING HERE:
* Work-life balance. Give us 40-hours and the rest is yours.
* Generous benefits package including health and wellness, community involvement, personal and professional development, and rewards and recognition
* Free fruit, soft drinks, and coffee
* Gourmet cafeteria featuring homemade breakfast, lunch, sushi Mondays, and Mediterranean food.
* State-of-the-art fitness center open 5 a.m.-11 p.m. daily
* 24/7 convenience store
* Our very own Starbucks
* Cool company events that always include a surprise or two
* Lawn vouchers to concerts at DTE Energy Music Theater
* Free tickets to every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday regular-season Pistons game
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job related instructions as requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship. United Shore Financial Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.