Junior Business Intelligence Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 12/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJunior Business Intelligence Analyst
Job Id: 44905
Under general supervision, defines, reviews, analyzes and evaluates fundamental business systems and user needs to define and formulate business requirements for current and future decision management systems in the healthcare industry.
Ensures the delivery of exceptional customer service by putting all customers (internal and external) first and displaying:
* A healing focus
* A selfless heart
* A tireless resolve
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Designs and creates new reports requested by various business departments.
* Implements revisions to existing reports as needed.
* Assures proper validation of new or revised reports is completed.
* Runs ad hoc report requests.
* Runs daily, weekly, monthly report processes.
* Works with various departments to understand reporting and analytical needs.
* Streamlines existing reporting and analyses processes where possible.
* Reviews data from various systems and translates into usable formats.
* Trains new users on use of the reporting products.
* Encourages use of additional/new product features.
* Assists in maintaining ETL processes to integrate data from various systems.
* Assists in identifying areas of improvement.
* Assists in performing administration and maintenance of reporting environment.
* Assists in the development and management of data marts.
* Assists in software maintenance and upgrade tasks.
* Provides support to end users and handles support requests in a timely manner.
* Accurately documents all support calls and system maintenance.
* Communicates with vendors for support and resolution of issues as needed.
* Remains knowledgeable of industry trends, practices, and innovations.
* 1- 2 years of experience working with report development and database management.
* Experience in relational databases including Microsoft SQL server.
* Experience developing reports in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
* Experience analyzing large amounts of data using Business Intelligence tools such as Qlikview, MicroStrategy, and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
* Working knowledge of metadata concepts.
* Exceptional analytical, problem-solving., and decision-making skills.
* Extensive related experience in lieu of education will be considered.
* Experience in healthcare a plus
* This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
* Sitting for extended periods of time
* Repetitive typing/keying
* Office environment
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related business discipline.
All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, or covered veteran status.