Business Intelligence Analyst II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
Business Intelligence Analyst II
Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Safeway.com Department has an opening for a Business Intelligence Analyst II. This position is located in Pleasanton, CA.
The Business Intelligence Analyst II is responsible for conducting complex data mining, regression analysis and other qualitative analysis using statistical technology. Projects and analyses involve complex analytics to solve a variety of cross-group business issues. The BI Analyst II is an expert in database decision analytics and statistical analysis.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Identifies business needs and and determines analytical approaches to develop solutions to business issues.
* Understands business goals and contributes to solutions that drives business strategy.
* Recommends complex analysis designs to develop business solutions.
* Projects and analyses involve complex analytics to solve a variety of business issues.
* Data Analysis - 30%
* Develops complex analysis designs using statistical analysis, predictive modeling, process documentation, comparative analysis,etc.
* Responsible for consulting with clients to identify, define, and clarify business requirements and translate business needs/requirements into complex analysis designs and recommendations.
* Conducts complex data mining, regression analysis, and other quantitative analysis using statistical technology.
* Participates in the development of advanced analytical tools and models, requiring ingenuity and creativity.
* Determines project analysis needs and utilizes database analysis to solve a variety of business issues/concerns
* Performs analysis of findings/trends using statistical analysis, modeling, process documentation, profitability analysis, etc.
* Works with all levels across the organization and with external resources to obtain information.
* Data Reporting - 30%
* Interprets results and recommends solutions to increase revenue, reduce expense, maximize operational efficiency/quality, etc.
* Creates comprehensive management reports
* Presents results of analysis and recommendations to leaders, using high end presentations, charts, graphs, etc.
* Responds to requests for specific, customized reports
* Ensures adherence to data management regulations and policies.
* Vendor Management - 10%
* Vendor analysis to determine appropriate vendors and lead selection
* Primary lead for operational Safeway.com products and services.
* Email distribution lead
* SQL database management and administration.
- B.A./B.S in Finance or related field required, MBA a plus.
- 6+ years relevant experience in financial planning, reporting and analysis
- Knowledge/experience in database decision strategies including front-end user tools, large - relational databases and data warehousing applications.
- Advanced knowledge with SAS, Oracle, SQL, Teradata
- Experience with Web environment and associated analytical tools
- Strong ability to understand and interpret business strategy
- Strong ability to prioritize and resolve issues within a team
- Strong ability to multi-task and work effectively with leaders on and offsite
- Strong ability to understand client and business expectations and resolve issues
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong customer service skills and ability to follow through to resolve issues.
- Strong ability to mentor, develop and train other analysts.
Closing Date: April 1, 2015
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting http://hrd.safeway.com/careers/index.htm.
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace - all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER