Business Intelligence Analyst 9/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
Responsibilities: POSITION DESCRIPTION
Business and Operations teams within the Equipment Finance (EF) division of CIT require reporting and analytical solutions to measure performance and risk as well as make effective data-driven decisions. The Business Intelligence (BI) team supporting EF provides those solutions using a variety of software and tools.
The primary responsibility for this position is to design, automate, and manage the reporting process of key performance and risk indicators for the Equipment Finance (EF) division of CIT. Candidates will be very comfortable working with data, and the position involves writing and managing SQL queries to multiple data sources, using VBA to automate processes, and creating solutions in QlikView or OBIEE to meet analysis and reporting requirements. In addition, the person in this role will conduct statistical analysis in search of data trends and relationships in order to highlight significant items for communication to senior management.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Work closely with global EF teams to ensure metrics are sourced, collected, and validated for monthly reporting processes
* Lead the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of applications or reports in support of business intelligence projects which require customized data or analytics
* Utilize statistical analysis tools (e.g. Minitab) to identify important trends and relationships in the data and highlight potential operational risks or control failures
* Combine different data extraction methods or connections to data from separate reports/sources into a single environment
* Create and maintain automated reporting applications using VBA or QlikView
* Research and define content requirements for internal clients for reporting and metric application enhancements and prototyping
* Develop executive-level reports and dashboards effectively summarize results
Qualifications: Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Strong quantitative, data analysis, and analytical skills working with large data sets
* Intermediate to advanced object oriented and relational programming (VBA, SQL, SAS)
* Well versed in Business Intelligence software and data visualization techniques (QlikView, OBIEE)
* Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite, Minitab, SharePoint, and Hyperion Essbase
* Intermediate to advanced background in data relationships, data mining, and quantitative vs. qualitative analytics
* High attention to detail with proven ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects concurrently
* Successful in developing relationships within and across functional teams
* Strong problem solving skills, with ability to synthesize data into useful formats and highlight actionable insights through effective communication
Education & Experience:
* Bachelor's (required) or Master's (preferred) degree in a quantitative field (Business Intelligence, IT, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Accounting)
* 5+ years financial services, leasing, or banking, with experience in financial data analysis and/or reporting
* Project management experience (PMP certification preferred)