Business Intelligence Analytics Lead - BI Program (CLIN INFORMATICS SPEC 4)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 1/8/2017
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title
Business Intelligence Analytics Lead - BI Program (CLIN INFORMATICS SPEC 4)
Finance & I.T.
Mission Center Building
40 ; 100%
This classification is not represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) Department of Information Technology is seeking a qualified individual to lead the design, analysis, presentation and dissemination of data, information and knowledge critical to the performance of UCSF enterprise wide.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Analytics Lead is responsible for providing healthcare BI, subject matter expertise and consulting practice leadership with a goal to drive business growth and discovery. A strong emphasis on BI and business development, he/she will help to achieve its growth, meet project objectives and maintain a best practice. The Clinical Analytics & Quality Analyst functions as a contact and subject matter expert for decision support in the medical center and campus realms, including research. Responsibilities include development of recommendations and best practices as well as governance of clinical tools to improve outcomes within an analytics tool.
As a senior member of the BI team, the BI Analytics Lead will join professionals with a broad knowledge of the healthcare industry including: Financial analysis and revenue performance management, regulatory reporting and compliance, healthcare IT, education and research. The BI Analytics Lead will be an integral part of a collaborative consulting team to deliver exceptional client service to meet UCSF BI and analytics objectives.
Under direction of the UCSF Director of BI, the BI Analytics Lead will be the key individual responsible for planning, designing, architecting, and managing BI solutions. These solutions support the decision making of internal core BI team members as well as Business Analysts from core departments. BI Solutions will be constructed by utilizing multiple forms, most fitting for problem. This individual will work closely with all members of the organization both inpatient and outpatient, including education and research at UCSF. The BI Analytics Lead will provide support where needed to Director of BI and stand in as department Director when requested. The right candidate will understand well, the partnership, collaboration and teamwork needed with key business and tech-nology leaders to achieve success in this endeavor.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
LIVING PRIDE STANDARDS
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
* Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
* BA / BS degree or equivalent healthcare operations and/or application work experience and 5 years of experience in administrative or operations analysis
* 5+ years of project leadership / management experience or in consulting with senior managers on BI operations / quantitative management or demonstrated implementation of BI dashboards at UCSF
* In-depth understanding of general business functions, processes, and overall business strategies preferably in the healthcare industry
* 3+ years experience with data analysis software such as Excel dashboards, MS Access or similar
* Strong project management / consulting skills with focus on managing multiple projects and consistently delivering on time and within budget that meet or exceed stakeholders' expectations
* Must be able to motivate and lead team from the strategic decision making down to the project planning levels
* Successful track record of defining requirements, developing system design and architecture, system configuration, testing and deployment
* Experience implementing large and / or complex projects in healthcare facilities
* Comfortable speaking to large groups including internal and external venues
* The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations
* Master s degree in a Health Sciences or Business related field, or 8+ years 5+ years in healthcare data analysis and support
* Experience managing IT project / Software development across full systems development lifecycle
* Experience in healthcare business data management/ analysis and support, BI or IT consulting
* Experience in healthcare planning and healthcare economics experience
* Working knowledge