Business Intelligence (BI) Specialist II- Emphasizing Microstrategy (Valpak) 9/16/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
Saint Petersburg, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description Valpak, one of the leading direct marketing companies in North America, is looking for BI Specialist to join their team. This position is responsible for performing the following roles for Valpak s Business Intelligence initiatives: IT analyst / technical designer / configurator / developer / tester / support. Specific tasks would include: gathering BI/BW/reporting requirements; assisting with determination of BI architecture strategy; doing detail BI design work; implementing BI designs (by writing code, configuring systems, and using specialized BI/reporting tools); testing BI artifacts; and supporting live BI functions.
WHY A CAREER WITH VALPAK?
* WORK FOR AWARD-WINNING BRANDS. Our brand is among the best in the industry, often ranking number one in our markets.
* BE YOURSELF. MAKE US BETTER. Innovation thrives in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage everyone to contribute their best ideas.
* WE INVEST IN OUR EMPLOYEES. Valpak provides a generous benefits package that includes robust health benefits for your family, including paid time off (i.e. vacation, sick and holidays).
* OUR PEOPLE ARE OUR MOST VALUABLE RESOURCE. Through career development, ongoing and on-the-job training and a commitment to promoting from within, our employees help define their own career paths.
* WE ARE COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE. We are actively involved in community service and contribute financially to local nonprofit organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work on BI stand-alone projects as well as on the BI portion of business-process projects.
* Work directly with business stakeholders, to create/gather BI requirements and negotiate BI solutions.
* Collaborate with project and functional managers to generate and control timelines for completing BI efforts.
* Design and develop BI solutions, from back-end components and processes, through-and-including front-end user-interaction components.
* Develop front-end reports, dashboards, queries, and portals across the multiple available toolsets.
* Work with other IT specialists as necessary, including other IT analysts, developers, database architects, and systems engineers.
* Work with other BI architects and enterprise architects, to develop an overall BI technical strategy.
* Coach business stakeholders in how to leverage overall BI platform capabilities, including how to locate, process, understand, and customize their information/reporting.
* Record BI requirements and design, utilizing industry-standard documentation techniques such as UML modeling.
* Recommend BI requirements and design documentation standards.
* Support live BI processes, including: a) creating/changing BI process schedules, and b) monitoring and troubleshooting BI processes, such as data loads, transformations, rollups, and reorganizations.
Bachelor's degree, with a minimum of 5 years industry experience in IT systems development.
3 years of IT development and support experience with one of the following leading BI packages: SAP BW; Business Objects; IBM Cognos; Oracle BI; Information Builders; Microstrategy; Microsoft BI; or JasperSoft. Multiple iterations of ETL, data store, and data cube development.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Technical Knowledge and Skills
* [Required] Metadata modeling and management, including definitions/relationships of dimensions, metrics/key figures, and hierarchies
* [Preferred] ETL design and implementation; ODS and Data Cube design and implementation
* [Required] Complex report-writing, query-authoring, and dashboard design
* [Required) SSIS. ETL, or MicroStrategy
Valpak, one of the leading direct marketing companies in North America, is owned and operated by Cox Target Media, Inc., a subsidiary of Cox Media Group. Cox Target Media helps companies of all sizes connect with consumers to drive business results through its Valpak and Savings.com businesses.
With innovative & complementary digital advertising products, more than 170 franchisees provide Valpak's proven direct marketing products to over 65,000 businesses in North America. Valpak mails more than 20 billion coupons reaching over 45 million select households every month in over 100 markets. In all, nearly 500 million blue envelopes will mail annually. And we connect with millions of consumers every day through valpak.com and mobile apps.
Valpak offers and provides a competitive pay and benefits package including health and dental, paid time off, and 401(k) matching. We re hiring individuals who will help us accomplish our goals with Speed, Passion and Courage.
Valpak is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Veterans/Women/Disabled.
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-FL-St. Petersburg-805 Executive Center Dr W
Job Level:Individual Contributor