Business Intelligence Developer 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY _BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE DEVELOPER_
Location: Portsmouth, NH
* This role partners with the business teams to gain a thorough understanding of the team's needs from a business and technical perspective in order to create Business Intelligence solutions.
* This role interfaces directly with business teams at all levels of the organization requiring excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* This role requires the individual to be a self-starter, to work independently and to balance multiple projects while maintaining high levels of productivity.
* This role will manage and triage BI support issues using the Issue Management application software for effective communication between business partners and IT management.
* Consults with departments across the company to understand, document and analyze business requirements that drive the development and design of technical reports
* Assists in source data identification, data quality definition, transformation, summarization processes, metadata, training, service levels, data quality, and performance
* Provides background to assist in the development of data models
* Designs, develops, and implements reports and dashboards leveraging available data environments following standard SDLC process (Requirements, Plan/Design, Build, Test, Deploy, Support)
* Maintains and enhances existing reports and queries to meet new business requirements
* Manages support issues for the BI team providing effective triage and collaboration with other team members and management
* Communicates plans and progress with management on a regular basis
* Keeps current with the direction of the business and the needs of internal customers
* Business Intelligence developer experience using a major BI tool suite;
* _MINIMUM 2-YEAR DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE WITH USING THE IBM COGNOS_ tool suite (minimum 5years overall)
* Strong business acumen, preferably with experience working in a consumer product goods retail environment and/or in a manufacturing environment
* _ERP SOFTWARE EXPERIENCE, PREFERABLY WITH ORACLE E-BUSINESS SUITE_
* Experience with data warehouse concepts including performance strategies for report optimization, preferably with Oracle and SQL Server databases
* Excellent written and communication skills
* Maintains safe operations and work area by adhering to all safety, health and quality programs procedures and initiatives.