Business Intelligence Manager 8/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview: The manager of business intelligence is responsible for the enterprisewide data and information governance. This position will also be responsible for the management and guidance of the BI team, while flawlessly maintaining a fast-paced agile driven internal team for Milwaukee Tool. This leadership role should have excellent communication skills and be highly organized.
* Manage and mentor BI team (internal and external)
* Identify and standardize the use and governance of information in support of the overall global business strategy.
* Be the corporate leader of data insights that help drive strategic and tactical business opportunity, and be a champion for a data-driven, decision-making culture
* Exploit data using research and analytics to maximize the return on data assets.
* Advance the role of the business data stewards in each major business unit.
* Develop and maintain controls on data quality, interoperability and sources to effectively manage corporate risk.
* Identify new kinds, types and sources of data to drive business innovation throughout the organization. Define processes for the effective, integrated introduction of new data.
* Organize and lead a data governance council (DGC) to apply four precepts: data principles, standards, policies and guidelines. Organize and lead a data management organization. Define member responsibilities and accountabilities for both.
* Define, manage, and control master data and metadata management policies, controls, and standards, including reference data. Lead the deployment and management of data quality monitoring systems. Measure master data and reference data for compliance to policy, standards and conceptual models.
* Create policies and controls for the appropriate protection of enterprise information assets through a defined life cycle from acquisition or creation to end of life destruction and disposal procedures.
* Manage deliverables using excellent organizational and management skills
* Ability to build and maintain high performing teams
Qualifications and Experience:
* Ten+ years of business experience, ideally in business management, legal, financial or information or IT management
* Five+ years of progressive leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams and enterprisewide programs, business intelligence and data management.
* Experience in integrating complex. cross-corporate processes and data models, and/or designing strategic metrics and scorecards
* Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems (or related field) or equivalent experience
* Familiarity with business information generation and analysis methods
* Ability to effectively drive people, process and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment
* Gravitas to develop a framework for information management, as well as to sell and embed it in all levels of the business
* Strong verbal communication skills required