Business Intelligence QA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Adam Information Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION TITLE : BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE QA/TEST ANALYST
LOCATION: COLUMBUS, OHIO 43215
DURATION: 12 MONTHS
* Adhere to formal QA processes, ensuring that the Systems Implementation [SI] team is using industry-accepted best practices.
* Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing and reporting on metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
* Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing test services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally.
* Collaborates with the data warehouse architect, the ETL lead and data warehouse developers in the construction and execution of test scenarios including those applicable to the development, test, and production data warehouse environments
* Lead and mentor QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testers.
* Create and Provide feedback on test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated). Responsible for executing them.
* Diagnose defects and track them from discovery to resolution.
* Ensure that the SI maintains high quality and accuracy up to software release
* Ensure all testing work is carried out in accordance with the Testing Plan, including schedule and qualityrequirements
* Provide feedback to the SI on the implications of testing outcomes on the Ohio Benefits systems
* Respond to all requests from stakeholders in a timely professional manner.
* 2+years' of recent experience in the following areas
* The softwarequality field including prior hands-on quality assurance experience
* Data quality and performance acceptance criteria.
* BI Test Strategy develpoment experience and demonstarate the knowlege in the key areas of the strategy
* Experience developing and executing test cases, scripts, plans and procedures to support various development methodologies including waterfall and agile
* The entire software development life cycle and test cycles (Unit, Regression, Functional, Systems, Stress & Scale, Smoke & Sanity)
* multi-tier web application architecture and deployment
* QA best practices and methodologies to design, implement and automate processes
* Experience coordinating with external QA resources between at least 4 teams
* Using a metrics-driven approach and closed-loop feedback to improve software deliverables and improve predictability and reliability of releases
* Detailed and effective written communication skills for documenting the features tested and bugs found
* Highly organized, detail oriented, extremely responsive and able to prioritize a large number of tasks
* Self-motivated, works well independently and with others