Business Litigation Attorney (Business / Real Estate / Trust & Estate)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/5/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Patrick Allen Group, Inc
Santa Rosa, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client, multidisciplinary law firm with an emphasis on business, real estate, nonprofit, estate planning, trust administration and probate is seeking a commercial litigation attorney with a minimum 5years current experience. Interested candidates must be a member of the California Bar, have strong verbal and written communication skills, and a solid, common sense approach to trial preparation and strategy including excellent research and writing skills. Motion practice, deposition, mediation, arbitration and trialexperience should be highlighted in any response.
_Note: This is an of counsel position with a partner track opportunity._
* Conduct and manage written and document discovery, including e-discovery, in complex litigation.
* Draft and prepare pleadings and other related litigation documents.
* Perform legal research, and use it effectively to forward client goals.
* Conduct depositions with first chair depositionexperiencepreferred.
* Effectively and persuasively communicate with judges, arbitrators, mediators, clients, and opposing counsel.
* Write and argue substantive and discovery motions.
* Work as part of a legal team, following direction from senior attorneys, as well as delegate to and supervise other associates, paralegals and legal assistants.
* Coordinate, collaborate with and support other litigation attorneys.
* Effectively manage litigationbudgets and billing
* CA license required
* 5+ years of litigation and trialexperience.
* Emphasis on business real estate and estate/trust litigationpreferred
* Creditor bankruptcy is a plus (Chapter 7 & 13)
* Federal court experiencepreferred
* Proven record of excellent client relations and business development is required
* Some independent book of business is required
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU !