This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
University of Kansas
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Overview
The Business Manager oversees the budget in KU division of International Programs. This position assesses the allocations, expenditures, rescissions and accounting for the IP division, which includes 5 budgetary units (Applied English Center, International Programs, International Recruitment and Undergraduate Admissions, International Student Services and Study Abroad), 148 employees, over 400 cost centers and a substantial annual budget. This position conceptualizes, develops, and oversees the implementation of operational strategies and process for all five IP units. In addition, this position assists the Associate Vice Provost in planning, organizing and directing the budget operations of KU s central international units, and compiles and analyzes reports to assist in managing IP programs at KU, following guidelines and regulations on the local, state, national and international levels. This position interviews, hires, trains and evaluates staff and supervises student employees.
Fiscal Management (60%)
* Develops detailed financial reports.
* Forecasts budgetary needs for all sources.
* Compiles financial data for required budget reports for Associate Vice-Provost.
* Provides projections concerning all fiscal matters to departmental administrators.
* Coordinates implementation of multi-unit accounting methods and fiscal record keeping with all five units to be within university, state and federal established guidelines.
* Monitors travel waiver requests regarding travel to countries with U. S. Dept. of State issued travel warnings.
* Serves as the University Budgeteer for KU Division of International Programs.
* Recommends revisions in the fiscal accounting structure, ledger and report formats for IP units.
Budget Operations (30%)
* Administers accounting & fiscal operations and supervision for five units regarding expenses and revenues in over 400 cost centers.
* Manages KUEA and KUCR funding for IP.
* Reconciles budget cleanup processes (BCP) for all units and creates annual working budgets.
* Supervises and approves purchases and usage of P-Cards.
* Works with CAO-SSC to ensure timely processing of all transactions.
* Reviews and approves CAO-SSC transactions.
* Oversees revenues, reviews requests, and allocates international faculty travel funds.
* Works with HR Pay and CAO-SSC HR Staff regarding searches, payroll appointments and adjustments to positions and funding information.
* Advises Assoc. Vice Provost, Assistant Vice Provosts and Directors on personnel-related matters.
* Reviews payroll appointments and contracts to ensure accuracy of funding, position details and FTE percentage.
* Trains supervisors and supervises student employees.
* Bachelor s degree in a related field and 3 years of related experience OR Associate s degree and 5 years of related experience OR High School diploma and 6 years of related experience.
* Two years of management, supervisory experience and/or project team leadership.
* Experience analyzing and interpreting financial report information.
* Experience with budget and procurement procedures.
* Knowledge of computer programs such as BudCast, Microsoft Word, Excel, PeopleSoft Financials & DEMIS.
* Proficient with creating spreadsheets and databases.
* Experience working with KU budget and procurement procedures.
* Experience working with international populations or in a university setting.
* Experience with State of Kansas and KU Budget and Financial practices, procedures, and reporting systems.
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application consists of a cover letter addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications, resume and completing the online application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
An online application must be completed to be considered for this position. TO APPLY, GO TO: https://employment.ku.edu/staff/7197BR
Applicant deadline is October 14, 2016.
Contact Information to Applicants
Theresa Pudenz, firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertised Salary Range
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx*category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or email@example.com for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.