Business Manager, Polyolefins Benchmarking 8/27/2016
The Chatham Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
THE COMPANY is a global leader in providing discrete benchmarking services for multiple industry sectors. Our business focus encompasses a full spectrum of cost analytical services to major chemical and petroleum industry groups in over 30 countries.
Our clients are leaders in the Petrochemical and Energy business who seek to monitor and improve their competitive position. We provide detailed analysis of their relative competitive operating performance within their industry sector. Our studies guide enterprise performance improvements, ultimately contributing to optimal sector performance and shareholder value.
The Polyolefins Program Manager / Business Manager at THE COMPANY'S will work closely with the Polyolefins Business Director to lead all aspects of the Global Polyolefins Benchmarking Programs. The Program/Business Manager drives the execution of Global Polyolefins Benchmarking, ensures consistent and accurate statistical analysis of performance data and timely publication of the results. The Program/Business Manager guides the design, structure, and execution of existing and new programs, working with clients to augment the value of the benchmarking programs to the client base.
The Program/Business Manager also develops and presents results presentations to clients around the world. During these presentations to C-Level Executives, the Program/Business Manager will communicate valuable insights for our clients Operational Excellence and Business Improvement efforts.
As a key client interface, the Program/Business Manager provides the management leadership to successfully coordinate project activities with the client and THE COMPANY'S's Research Analyst team. The Program Manager works with plant managers, supply chain managers and client business executives to ensure accurate and timely data submission from the clients, and provides on-site training on data collection where necessary.
The Program/Business Manager works collaboratively with the Polyolefins Business Director to develop and execute the Polyolefins commercial strategy, developing proposals and contracts for clients, and marketing new polyolefins related benchmarking programs. The Program/Business also maintains relationships with key clients, driving on-going participation in the programs and introducing the clients to other services offered by THE COMPANY.
* Bachelors Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, or Business Management. MBA is desirable.
* 7 to 15+ years of relevant chemical industry experience, with polymer experience preferred. Polyolefins industry experience is highly preferable.
* Prior experience in Manufacturing, Technology, Business Planning, Business Analysis and/or Business Management.
* Understanding of Key Performance Indicators involved with polyolefin or petrochemical plant operations, supply chain and commercial operations.
* Strong written/verbal communication & presentation skills in the English language.
* Intermediate or higher competency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
* Strong attention to detail in an environment of multitasking under stringent deadlines.
* Must be authorized to work in the United States.
* Must be able to travel (both domestic and international) up to 20% of the time.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
* Conduct client training workshops to clarify data requirements and educate clients on use of benchmarking tools to improve business performance.
* Working with THE COMPANY'S analysts and business director to clearly define project plans, data analysis and staffing requirements.
* Detailed oversight and participation in data analysis.
* Interpretation of study results from industry wide and client perspective, developing both individualized key messages for each client and identifying overall industry trends.
* Developing tailored presentations of findings for each client.
* Research, prepare and present special topic reports.
* Develop and market new programs for the global polyolefins industry
* Identify opportunities to enhance existing programs and launch extensions of products and services to increase value of benchmarking to the industry and clients.