This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONMinimum Degree Required
Non-Manager - Experienced (5+ years exp)
Maxim Integrated is a highly successful, $2.4 billion company. With offices and manufacturing sites around the world, we design award-winning semiconductors that make the world more integrated. We also know that it s our people who make us a great company. So we reward bold thinking, teamwork, personal growth, and community involvement. Want to make a difference and be challenged every day* Join us at Maxim Integrated. With analog integration, the possibilities are endless.
Maxim Integrated is a highly successful semiconductor company with offices and manufacturing sites around the world. We design award-winning semiconductors that make the world more integrated. We also know that it s our people who make us a great company. So we reward bold thinking, teamwork, personal growth, and community involvement. Maxim's Mobile Power team is seeking a Sr. Manager to grow our customer base and market share in power management products.
This position is for a Business Manager in the Mobile Power Business Unit to manage Broad Market Power management product line. Maxim's Business Managers operates their business like a "company inside a company . They have full responsibility for growing revenue, managing profit margin, and developing business strategy, technology roadmaps and innovative products.
* Develop power management product-development strategies and roadmaps.
* Participate in the long range planning process.
* Work with Field Personnel to develop and execute account penetration strategies
* Research new technology, market trends, and customer needs.
* Select new product ideas for development and lead a team that writes the Product Specification for new devices.
* Track the development of your new products and resolve problems to keep them on schedule.
* Manage the manufacturing of your products to ensure supply matches customer demand.
* Work closely with sales and key customers to generate accurate forecast.
* Lead the merchandising strategy for your products. This includes overseeing writing of the data sheet, advertising, pricing, and coordinating new product announcement.
* Analyze the competition to determine their areas of focus, direction, and relative strengths and weaknesses.
* Manage the quoting process to improve profitability and to increase new design wins.
* Travel within North America and abroad to get personally involved with strategic customers.
* Train Maxim s internal Sales and FAE teams on new and existing products
The ideal candidate will have previous business management and/or technical marketing experience in power management products for mobile and handheld markets, or as an applications engineer with power management experience. A lot of customer contacts and some travel is required for this position. Position requires a BSEE or higher degree with at least 5+ years of industry related experience. Maxim s success is driven by key individuals who have entrepreneurial spirits combined with the technical competence, vision, and initiative required to build new businesses. The insights, recommendations, and decisions you make will have a significant impact on our growth and success. Candidates must be highly self-motivated and willing to work in San Jose, California.
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Percentage of Travel
10% - 25%
Relocation Assistance Available
Visa Sponsorship Available
Maxim Integrated is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer