This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONExponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm. Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians, and regulatory consultants brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve complicated problems facing corporations, insurers, government entities, associations and individuals. Our approximately 900 staff members work in 26 offices across the United States and abroad. Exponent has over 700 consultants, including more than 425 that have earned a doctorate in their chosen field of specialization.
Exponent is currently seeking a Business Manager to join our Finance Group. This position will be based in either our Boston, Menlo Park, Phoenix, or Washington, D.C. office and will have a direct reporting relationship to the CFO of Exponent and a dotted line reporting relationship to two Group Vice Presidents. This position will be responsible for supporting a two groups of practices, working with all levels of employees, and implementing corporate initiatives.
* Financial planning, analysis and reporting
* Work with Human Resources to manage the annual employee compensation review process
* Supporting the Group Vice President s quarterly financial certification
* Developing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting information for management
* Accounts receivable collections and billing oversight
* Implementation and monitoring various financial policies and procedures
* Occasional travel will be required
Qualifications for this position include:
* B.S./B.A. degree (MBA is preferred)
* Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
* Strong interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively across multiple functions, regions and with varied levels of management
* Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment where critical and very tight deadlines are common
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must be analytical, assertive, and creative and must have effective problem-solving skills
* Strong computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint as well as accounting or project management software)
* Ability to prioritize workload and work independently
* Past experience in a professional services company is desirable
* Experience with Deltek Vision software a plus
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veterans and Disabled Employer.