Business Manager (work remotely from the following states:LA,TX,AL or MS)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
New Orleans, LA
New Orleans, LA
BIC products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team.
The Business Manager contributes to our Vision and Values by achieving assigned sales budget objectives. Responsible for maximizing long-term BIC Brand forecast and profit goals while working with midsize to large customers. Responsible for communicating and implementing BIC national initiatives, policies and standards across our customer s organization structure. Also, communicating and affecting our customer s needs across the BIC structure. Maintains high-level customer contacts and relationships; builds consumer and customer satisfaction on BIC Brands (Writing Instruments, Lighters, Shavers) and services.
* Meets or exceeds assigned sales budget.
* Achieves distribution, pricing, promotion and shelving objectives by brand and customer.
* Manages BDF/MDF funds to meet or exceed sales forecast while staying within budget and policy guidelines.
* Accurately forecasts business.
* Manages expenses within company policy guidelines.
* Develops total understanding of:
-Our Customers business environment and needs.
-Our category and market
-BIC internal operating policy and procedures
* Develops long term relationships with customers key personnel, department managers and functions through customer penetration.
* Demonstrates leadership abilities with accounts and peers.
* Communicates information and customer needs across the BIC Organization.
* Develops customer business plans that take into account long-term goals, strategies and results. Takes into account the profit and volume implications of various alternatives to both BIC and our customers.
* Develops conceptual presentations drawing from all internal and external resources needed.
* Ensure customer performance at or above standards in all key selling areas: Distribution, Pricing, Shelf and Promotion.
* Ensures complete execution of agreed-upon plans. This includes:
* Facilitating plan compliance across both customer and BIC organizations including all administrative details.
* Forecasting customer purchases on a timely basis.
* Communicates and coordinates customer-specific promotions through the BIC and customer organizations.
* BA/BS required
* Minimum of 2 to 4 years of increasing levels of sales responsibility in the consumer products industry
* A broad knowledge of the wholesale and convenience class of trade (prior experience with Food/Drug channel also considered)
* Working knowledge of direct sales, order management and logistics, retail sales coverage, wholesalers and indirect customers. Ideally, the same broad knowledge of internal functions, i.e., Business Planning, Customer Development and Customer Service
* Proficiency in all MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook).
The position requires the incumbent to work from a home-based office in either the New Orleans, LA, or Houston, TX, areas
BIC offers a competitive salary, health insurance and 401(k). Successful candidates are required to pass a drug test and undergo a security check.
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Drug-Free Workplace.