Business Office Coordinator at Metro Health
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients \\"Ask for Mary,\\" they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited, rehabilitation hospital with 167 inpatient beds - 119 acute and 48 sub-acute. There are numerous outpatient programs as well as home and community services. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
The position will be primarily located at the Metro Health Outpatient clinic in Cedar Springs, and must be able to travel to other sites in Grand Rapids. Greets, provides information, and responds to the needs of patients, families, staff, and other visitors at the information desk including appointment check-in or check-out, registration, collection of co-pays, assistance with way finding, or other services or resources. Provides office support for all Scheduling and Patient Financial Services staff.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Greets, provides information, and responds to the needs of patients, families, staff, and other visitors at the information desk. Triage inquiries that arise during or after each patient/visitor/staff encounter. Escorts and/or directs patients and other parties to other service areas or locations.
* Receives and properly processes telephone calls, including answering questions, taking messages, and/or transferring calls as appropriate, according to confidentiality, customer service and other requirements.
* Maintains telephone Call Back Reminder system for patient evaluations and clinic appointments.
* Completes mail processing of all incoming/outgoing mail and documentation.
* Performs all other appropriate activities as directed and as necessary to meet the patient's needs and to achieve the required departmental and organizational outcomes.
* Provides clerical support as needed.
* Accurately verifies and updates all required demographic, insurance/financial, and clinical data elements necessary to pre-register and register all types of patients. Accurately records and electronically enters the information on a timely basis into Cerner to include assigning a medical record number to new patients. Accurately prepares, and distributes to other internal parties as appropriate and on a timely basis, required registration forms.
* Provides appropriate explanations of information provided by PFS staff to patients and other appropriate parties, and secures and witnesses all required signatures according to internal policy and regulation, as applicable, including consent to treat, assignment of insurance benefits, and release of information, Advance Beneficiary Notification, and financial responsibility. Forwards appropriate documents to the Patient Financial Services Department to support billing and collections.
* Uses available documentation to collect any expected charge(s) for the service(s) being provided. Completes patient or responsible party payment transactions, accepting and generating appropriate receipts for monies and credit card payments received. Forwards collections to OTC PFS Representatives for posting.
* Completes patient documentation.
* Completes Medicare documentation forms and submits them for physician and/or therapist signature.
* Compiles documentation copies to support Blue Cross patient claim billings.
* Creates therapy treatment schedules as needed by the worksite.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements)
* High school graduate or equivalent.
* Computer experience with high accuracy level of data entry.
* Excellent telephone and customer service skills.
* Ability to perform in a high paced environment with a positive attitude.
* Physical demands: Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time); able to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally; to sit for the majority of the time, but may involve brief periods of time involving walking or standing; able to use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
Other Preferred Job Qualifications
* Knowledge of medical terminology.
* Knowledge of clinical rehabilitation.
* Knowledge of medical insurance requirements
* Experience in registration and/or scheduling.