Lead, Strategy and Studio Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Palo Alto, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ROLE SUMMARY:
Palo Alto is looking for a Strategy and Studio Operations Lead. You ll work with the location s Managing Director to ensure our 150-person studio is running smoothly and that we successfully launch best practices that best support designers, strengthen our creative culture, and keep the studio performing at it s best.
WHY IS THIS JOB IMPORTANT TO IDEO*
The right candidate will be a collaborative leader who can maintain a big picture view of the business, and can provide direction, inspiration and experience to the studio leads and our community of designers.
This role is vital, because you will be a conduit between the business of the location and project work. You will touch a little of everything, and your input will be invaluable in ensuring that our business stays on track and in sync with our cultural values. You will also help us evolve and grow as we look for ways to modify our business model and processes.
This role is about successfully supporting great decision making, building trust and demonstrating great judgment.
ONCE YOU ARE HERE YOU WILL:
* Act as an advisor to the Managing Director and the studio s senior leadership team, you ll oversee the business health of the studio. We re in the people business, so you'll partner closely with the talent and experience teams to ensure the community s excellence and happiness.
* Collaborate and work, across disparate groups / departments. You ll touch every portfolio team and most design projects, interfacing regularly with Project Leads to ensure they re well supported.
* Need to think longer term and big picture. But you won t thrive if you re stuck there. You need to put together the right plan, resources and team to win.
* Be part of an inspiring culture. IDEOers are creative, weird, and fast-moving. Therefore, you must be the same. That means being comfortable with ambiguity, juggling lots of responsibilities, and prioritizing accordingly.
* 5+ years work experience in a strategy or operations role, ideally at a creative organization or agency. MBA highly preferred. We also love entrepreneurs.
* Ideally experience in scaling a business group or facilitating organizational growth
* Ability to empathize and engage with designers and help them look at things through a business lens
* Ability to synthesize aggregated knowledge, both financial and anecdotal, into a point of view and express it effectively
* Ability to build and nurture relationships across multiple networks using collaborative and empathic skills
* Comfort level in an ambiguous, principles driven (non-rules based) environment
* Passion for business and operations
* Strong analytical skills and exemplary time management/organizational skills
* Excellent discretion, demonstrating sound judgment in dealing with confidential dialogues and information
* Great communication and negotiation skills, bringing together different views, personalities, goals, and needs, and helping different stakeholders find business alignment and growth
Really want to grab our attention* Send us a creative analysis of a problem or opportunity and what recommendations you made based on the analysis. Feel free to put in dummy numbers in lieu of actuals.
Please send a cover letter and resume. In the cover letter, please explain why you are a good fit for this role.