Business Operations Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
EMD Serono, a Merk Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONEMD Serono is a leading US biopharmaceutical company exclusively focused on specialty care for more than 40years. The US healthcare business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, integrates cutting-edge science, innovative products and devices, as well as industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono's commercial business has a deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, and a strong pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Senior Business Director, Fertility Technologies, the Business Operations Manager will support Fertility Technologies business operations by working in conjunction with departments, such as Fertility Technology Commercial team (Sales, Embryology and Engineering), Finance, Accounting and Supply Chain with accountability for coordinating and monitoring the efficient operations of the business. This position will deliver exceptional support to the TA by incorporating information, analysis, insights, and identifying trends to facilitate informed planning and decision making.
INTERNAL WITHIN EMD SERONO
Fertility and Endocrinology: SVP Fertility and Endocrinology, Senior Business Director Fertility Technologies, Fertility TA Marketing, Cross Functional Launch Teams, Global Fertility Technologies leadership, Fertility and Fertility Technologies Commercial Teams, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain
EXTERNAL TO EMD SERONO
Vendors selected for various business operations and commercial execution projects
KEY TASKS maintain continuity of functional plans
* Act as a liaison between the Fertility Technologies field team and relevantinternalcross functional departments. This includes:
* Execute internal processes and coordinate communications with Legal, Compliance, Sales, Finance, Customer Service and Accounting for customer contracting and onboarding
* Provide tactical support for flawless execution of customer awareness programs
* Liaise with supply chain and customer service organizations to ensure excellent customer experience
* Maintain a highly accurate record and keen understanding of status of all data feeds (Business Excellence, Supply Chain, Distribution, Customer Service, etc.), incorporate data feeds into sales analytics dashboards, assume responsibility for sales team status and KPI reporting.
* Play a supportive role in the development and implementation of operational and tactical new product launch activities
* BS in required. Preferred majors: Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain and Operations
* MBA preferred
* PMP certification preferred
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Minimum of 4+ years industry experience. At least 3years in commercial operations, preferably in project management and/or analyst roles. Biotechnology/ pharmaceutical/medical devices/regulated industry experiencepreferred
* Product launch experiencepreferred
* Business Analyst experience at leading Management Consulting firm a plus
* Strong process orientation required. Exposure to Lean Six Sigma a plus
* Experience working with commercial contracts preferred
* A solid base of experience in some of the following: project management, sales and market forecasting, and sales analytics
* Advanced computer skills- excellent knowledge and experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project, Reporting and Analysis tools, forecasting tools, with capacity to learn new technologies
PERSONAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
* Requires strong attention to detail and analytical skills including the ability to provide clear, thorough assumptions/inputs
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills (both written and oral)
* Superior team orientation and ability to influence without authority, strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, ability to collaborate effectively across functions and cultures in a complex organization and business environment
* Capability to work under pressure and with competing, changing and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to balance several on-going projects simultaneously
* Strong ability to analyze unrelated and sometimes incomplete data sets to make significant decisions about EMD Serono's Fertility Technologies business
* Ability to apply principles of logic and critical thinking to a wide range of complex business issues
* Self-development: adjusts personal style to fit with variety of contacts within the company
* Building relationships and networking: pro-actively contributes value-add information with all relevant groups and networks effectively across the company
* Normal and routine office duties
* Position requires domestic (and occasional international) travel up to 20% of time
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.