Business Practices Officer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) is one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world. Stanley Black and Decker s 2015 Revenue was 11.2B and our Global Tools & Storage division is responsible for $7.1B of SBD annual revenue. Global Tools and Storage is currently seeking candidates for Business Practices Officer in Towson, MD.
witThis position will lead a team of 2-3 individuals, within our Global Tools and Storage Division, focused on providing business support while ensuring compliance with US GAAP and maintaining strong controls in the following areas:
* Restructuring process
* Partner with the business, corporate restructuring lead and corporate technical accounting group to ensure all new restructuring submissions meet payback requirements and comply with US GAAP
* Ensure business meets or exceeds all Corporate deadlines for restructuring deliverables
* Maintain and monitor strong internal controls for restructuring process.
* Provide oversight and monitoring to active restructuring projects
* Develop ad hoc reporting as requested by senior management
* Delegation of Authority (DOA) DOA maintenance, credit card requests, PCI compliance
* Internal Audit engagements
* Monitor open engagements, including reviewing audit reports prior to issuance
* Assist business teams in closing out audit findings where needed
* Warranty, E&O Inventory and Accrual processes
* Harmonization of policies and procedures across business as needed
* Develop warranty analytics and reporting to drive visibility with business
* E&O inventory process redesign
* Standardize processes for accruals
* Maintain bonus accruals
* Trade compliance
* Support corporate controllership trade compliance initiative
* Provide controllership support for trade, government pricing, OFAC, etc
* Partner with Trade Compliance team as required to drive initiatives
* BS in Finance or Accounting required, MBA a plus
* CPA or CA Preferred
* Minimum of 8-10 years experience in an accounting management role
* Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting
* Demonstrated record of achievement leading high performing teams
* Working knowledge of financial reporting and ERP/MRP systems
* Ability to build and execute action plans
* Strong organizational and analytical skills
* Excellent presentation and communication skills
* Proficient computer skills with strong utilization of Excel
* SAP and Hyperion experience a plus
Core Success Skills:
* Highly Motivated
* Proactive thinking
* Open to change (continuous improvement)
* Understanding of U.S. GAAP
* Demonstrates effective leadership
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
Job Specific Competencies:
* Build and develop a strong team
* Ability to delegate and lead others to a desired result
* Able to interact with all functions and levels of SBD
* Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
* Strong understanding of internal controls.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.