Business Process Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description This role serves as a thought leader in the implementation and utilization of methods, tools, and techniques of Business Process Management (BPM) and continuous improvement. He/she solves organizational process problems and addresses new opportunities by analyzing business requirements, documenting business processes, and recommending process solutions. This role consults, leads, drives, and assists process projects by delivering BPM value throughout the organization while enforcing a standardized approach to both BPM and continuous improvement. He/she requires strong leadership to lead multiple large, complex, cross-functional improvement efforts and provide mentoring and advisory support to process analysts leading small-scale improvement initiatives.
* Develops detailed understanding of all core Cox Auto Media business processes
* Supports business units and cross-functional processes by identifying continuous improvement opportunities with clear revenue, quality, cost, and/or efficiency gains
* Utilizes data-driven, fact-based analytics to formulate tactical, actionable solutions to business issues
* Understands the relationships between mitigating risk, improving performance, and balancing cost/benefit of suggested solutions and changes
* Acts as an expert in the application of continuous improvement methods by demonstrating end-to-end process perspective and analysis
* Masters effective business process improvement skills through active participation in the business effectiveness team s methods, tools, and standards
* Analyzes, understands, and documents current-state and/or similar business process models and business requirements to support design, optimization, and documentation (mapping) of new processes to support business objectives
* Facilitates one-on-one interviews and cross-team process workshops as part of process discovery, improvement, and change management
* Uncovers potential risks inherent in the new process and develop risk response plans to mitigate affects
* Analyzes business processes for waste, inefficiencies, and areas for improvement using a variety of process improvement methods and approaches (Lean, Six Sigma, DMAIC, Outside-In, Workout, Kaizen, PDCA, IDOV, etc.)
* Creates concise, coherent business presentations summarizing process analysis findings and recommendations
* Delivers informative and persuasive presentations effectively and presents to a broad audience to gain buy-in and acceptance to action
* Communicates, informs, and educates effectively at all levels of an organization
* Identifies, defines, gathers, and analyzes process metrics to support findings and recommendations using a variety of data analytic methods and presentation formats
* Manages project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget; managing risk
* Monitors project progress by tracking activities; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
* Mentors Process Analysts and actively champions business process improvement and change throughout the organization
* Assists in the evolution of the department s supporting infrastructure by evaluating alternative courses of action and recommending adjustments and improvements to methods and tools
* Participates in the organization s ongoing transformation into a continuous improvement culture
* 10+ years experience leading business process and/or technology projects with demonstrated increase in skills and responsibilities across the organization; demonstrating creative, out-of-box thinking and solid project management principles to drive projects to completion
* Certification in or extensive experience of business process management (BPM). Experience with the Software AG BPMS and Tableau reporting tools is preferred.
* Certified in or extensive experience with implementation of continuous improvement methods, tools, and techniques (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma, DMAIC, PDCA, DFSS/DMADV, webmethods, etc.)
* Demonstrated knowledge of industry-leading BPM (or BPM related) methodologies and/or frameworks (PEMM, PDQC, BPMN, ADKAR, etc.)
* Proficient in data collection and analysis, value stream mapping, process capability analysis, financial impacts (cost/benefit analysis), root-cause identification (Pareto), causality (pivot tables/charts), time-based data analytics (continuous/discreet data, cycle-time analysis), etc.
* Ability to extract, gather, connect, and assemble data from disparate data sources into a cohesive view using a variety of methods and tools (SQL, Excel/Minitab, Access, etc.)
* Visual storytelling (eg Tableau)
* Ability to adapt strategy and approach based on changing business conditions
* Ability to collaborate and partner with various SMEs across the organization
* Ability to work in a dynamic environment while transforming incomplete business needs into well-defined business/functional requirements.
* Proficient with Business Productivity (e.g., MS Word, Excel, etc) and Business Modeling Tools (e.g., Visio, LucidChart, etc.)
* Experience in negotiation, collaboration, influencing and working in a matrixed environment
* Experience managing the performance of a team of project managers and/or process analysts
* Experience in project management methodologies, PMI Certification preferred
* Black Belt certification preferred or equivalent business process experience required
* Bachelor s degree required;MBA preferred
BUSINESS / LEADERSHIP SKILLS
* Working knowledge of business risks, process improvement methodologies/tools, audit/assurance techniques/programs, creative problem solving skills, and structuring findings/recommendations; defining project objectives, structuring work plans, and conducting fact-based analysis to develop and test hypotheses
* Working knowledge and experience with data collection and analysis techniques; detecting and solving complex problems; conducting root cause and failure mode analysis; and applying systemic thinking to thoroughly synthesize information from different sources
* Proven ability to work productively with people of diverse functional expertise and backgrounds; building and maintaining excellent working relationships; leading by example in embracing change, resolving conflicts, fostering positive team dynamics, and displaying team-orientation and personal integrity
* Solid written and verbal communication and presentation skills demonstrating a consistent attention to detail; solid organization and workflow skills
* Proficiency with data analysis and process mapping applications; Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
* Skilled interpersonally, exhibiting solid experience with collaboration, candor, openness, diplomacy, discretion, and integrity; easily establishing rapport and trust
* Results-oriented and self-motivated; demonstrated experience with quickly assimilating new knowledge and remaining current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge
* Thriving on new challenges; Demonstrated experience with the following: working with little supervision; managing ambiguity and autonomy; flexibility to work in an unstructured environment; dealing effectively with uncertainty and change
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch