Business Process Specialist III (Global Operations - LSS Black Belt)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
What you ll be doing:
* Your primary function as the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is to assist in finding and solving problems.
* You will be responsible for managing Lean and Six Sigma project teams focused on reducing cycle time, minimizing inventory, increasing productivity, improving yield and increasing the quality and performance of our products and processes.
* As the Black Belt project leader, you will be responsible for successful project identification, implementation, and project tracking.
* You will use statistical software packages to analyze data, design experiments, and implement statistical process control.
* You will also train and mentor Green Belts and other manufacturing personnel in both the Six Sigma and Lean methodologies as well as the application of specific tools that can be used outside of the formal projects.
* Working with others in the Lean Six Sigma organization, you will help identify what additional training and resources are needed to sustain the Lean Six Sigma programs at the plant and function level.
What you need for this role:
* Minimum of a Bachelor s degree in biology, chemistry, engineering, or related discipline.
* LSS Black Belt
* 10+ years experience in a manufacturing environment, with not less than 3 years in a Life Science or Clinical Diagnostic company. To qualify for this position, the candidate must have completed Black Belt training and a minimum of one Black Belt Project.
* Experience with the DMAIC or DFSS Six Sigma Methodologies, including experience with Root Cause Analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, and Design of Experiments.
* Strong knowledge of both Lean and SixSigma
* Familiarity with Lean Methodology, including Kaizen, Kanban, Poka Yoke and the Toyota Production System (TPS).
* Experience with project management; experience in Lean or Six Sigma projects preferred.
* Able to work with a team to identify and solve complex problems.
* Able to execute one on one training in Six Sigma tools and work process
* Solid intermediate competent skills in applications such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
* Experience with statistical software for data analysis.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross functional teams.
* Able to be flexible and adapt to different work groups, work styles, and work environments.
* Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including presenting to large groups.
* Proven influence and collaboration skills and ability to effectively interact with management to identify, develop, and implement process improvements
What s in it for you:
* Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
* Opportunities for training, growth, and mobility
* Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
* Great work environment
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.