- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Business Programmer Analyst-Work from home-Healthcare Insurance
Business Programmer Analyst-Work from home-Healthcare Insurance
Are you looking for a rewarding new position with an industry leader with a firm commitment to its employees* Join our team at MultiPlan! Founded in 1980, we are the industry s most comprehensive provider of healthcare cost management solutions. We have almost 900,000 healthcare providers under contract, an estimated 68 million consumers accessing our network products, and 40 million claims reduced through our network and non-network solutions each year.
As a Business Programmer Analyst, you will be responsible for a variety of specialized claim related products, enhancements, data analysis, customer analysis and reporting functions. The position is also required to lead and manage projects in support of operations within the Company. Maintains relationship with coding, pricing, and editing software vendors, and our internally developed software with regard to upgrades and testing, and is a liaison for all internal and external coding and Medicare re-pricing, and specialized Out of Network repricing.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
1. Develop products and services to aid the company in understanding, valuing, and auditing medical healthcare claims. Also support these products and services and provide updates to ensure availability and accuracy.
2. Participate in and lead data analysis initiatives and projects that require a moderate to high level of project management and analytical skills, which will help to identify trends and root causes relative to service delivery within the assigned business unit.
3. Participate in and lead data analysis for client savings and opportunity reports which also require a moderate to high degree of analytical skills and understanding of coding related issues.
4. Work collaboratively with internal and external customers to develop and maintain specifications for various data elements, work processes and reports that are called upon for delivery of service in the assigned business unit.
5. Contribute as a Subject Matter Expert on all internal and external special projects related to both coding as well as Medicare re-pricing including wide-ranging work with client data.
6. Compile and manage large amounts of data and information from various sources, both public and private, to create from scratch or populate prescribed comprehensive, understandable reports and documents used in the management of the assigned business unit.
7. Lead the development and execution of testing plans for assigned projects in collaboration with internal and external project teams. Work with project management and technology resources to recommend changes that will lead to optimization.
8. Coordinate the receipt, maintenance and management of all data sets and related applications and associated licenses for the assigned business unit from third party vendors.
9. Coordinate the organization, dissemination and implementation of code and reimbursement data sets into the Company s systems.
10. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
11. Ensure systematic data oriented efforts to improve consumer and/or client services.
12. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
13. Demonstrate commitment to the Company s core values.
14. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
As a Business Programmer Analyst, you must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong analytical, problem solving, prioritization and Project Management skills. You should also be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, both independently and as part of a team. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
Specific qualifications for the role include:
* Minimum Bachelor s degree in a related discipline such as business, operations or healthcare administration; or 4 years of related experience.
* Minimum 3 years experience in an analytical or project management role within the healthcare industry, with an emphasis on healthcare/operations analytics and reporting.
* Minimum 2 years experience managing complex operational processes and data sets.
* Advanced knowledge of and broad experience working with spreadsheet and database applications as well as SQL and/or relational data structures.
* Advanced knowledge of programming languages and systems including but not limited to DotNet, VB, C#, Web-services, TSQL and related tools
* Knowledge of health care claims, billing and reimbursement concepts preferred.
* Knowledge of operational/technical aspects and impacts of health care contracts preferred.
* Required licensures, professional certifications, and/or Board certifications as applicable.
* Communication (written, verbal, listening), team work, attention to detail, problem solving, research, troubleshooting, and organization skills.
* Ability to efficiently and effectively manage large data sets and devise meaningful information and reports from data sets.
* Ability to work cohesively with parties at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to coach, mentor and lead others.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
* Ability to manage routine and non-routine types of work with a focus on quality optimization.
* Ability to use software, hardware, and peripherals related to job responsibilities, including MS Office Suites, database software, and advanced reporting techniques.
As a Business Programmer Analyst with MultiPlan, you will be part of an organization with a proud 30-year legacy of experience and growth. We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage
* Life insurance
* Optional and dependent life insurance
* Short- and long-term disability
* Paid time off
* Paid company holidays
* Tuition reimbursement
* Flexible Spending Account
* Employee Assistance Program
Opportunity. Recognition. Satisfaction. Grow your career with MultiPlan!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company will provide equal consideration to all employees and job candidates without regard to sex, age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
We offer a competitive total compensation and benefits package, an incentive bonus program and an employee recognition program that acknowledges and rewards employees for outstanding performance. Here's a summary of the benefits we offer to MultiPlan employees.
•Medical Dental & Vision Insurance
•Optional and Dependent Life Insurance
•Short and Long-Term Disability
•Paid Time Off
•Paid Company Holidays
•Flexible Spending Account