Business Relationship Manager (Banking) 8/20/2016
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Typically, the terms "people person" and "number cruncher" aren't listed in the same job description. However, this is not your typical financial analyst position. We are looking for a right-brained, left-brained finance professional who can thoroughly examine a financial statement and can offer a high-level of customer service and guidance to clients (CFOs and business owners).
Our client, an Ogden-based financial services company, is hiring for a Business Relationship Manager to create high-quality reports and presentations, analyze the credit worthiness of clients, and perform customer outreach activities. This position is ideal for someone who is interested in variety, creativity, and the opportunity to get out from behind the desk and visit clients to determine solutions that will impact their businesses.
This hiring manager is well respected and has a reputation for hiring, training and promoting star achievers. Our client promotes individuals who have mastered the ability to anticipate customer needs, promote company services, proactively discover trends, and provide camaraderie and guidance to clients and internal team members.
In this role, you would:
* Manage customer relationships with clients that are in a wide range of industries.
* Provide outstanding customer support while adhering to the company's credit policy.
* Analyze account trends, manage collateral, disburse funds, and manage customer availability.
* Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and determine underlying borrowing needs.
* Develop a thorough understanding of every customer's business and credit risk profile.
* Deepen existing client relationships while generating incremental business through cross-selling bank products.
* Present credit summaries at Bank Loan Committee and/or Director Loan Committee.
* Drive and challenge internal and external business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
* Seek opportunities from team lead or mentor to increase skills and/or learn new aspects of the business.
* Serve in a mentorship capacity to junior staff.
* Bachelor's degree in a business discipline or the equivalent experience
* A minimum of 5 years working in a business-to-business (B2B) environment
* Experience in financial services and/or banking
* Superior skills with the Microsoft Office package, particularly Excel