- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Business Sales-Field Account Executive
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference* Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible* Want to grow and develop on the job* If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 300,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer. Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years: * FORTUNE Magazine: No. 8 among World s Most Admired Companies and No. 1 in the delivery industry (2014) * Glassdoor, Employees Choice Awards: Top 50 Best Places to Work (2014) * FORTUNE Magazine: 100 Best Companies to Work For (2013) * Computerworld: 100 Best Places to Work in IT (2013) * Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens (2014) When 300,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click Apply Now and tell us more about yourself.
Position Summary and Essential Duties
Responsible for efficiently leveraging sales call channels to develop new business, maintain and deepen existing customer relationships, and shorten the sales process. Focus is on achieving personal sales targets and market goals within the small customer segment. May have special markets or complex product lines that require advanced knowledge and advanced customer relationship skills. Provides face-to-face service to customers in a particular geographic area. Living within a reasonable commuting distance of the territory is an important determinant of effectiveness and success in this role.
Job Specific Information
Accountabilities and Tasks
* New Business Development of Primary Accounts
* Identifies potential new customers using a variety of resources including utilizing and leveraging relationships with colleagues in Operations and Solutions in order to obtain leads for new business.
* Analyzes customer needs using knowledge of FedEx products and services to determine solutions that will create value for the customer.
* Calls on key decision makers and other customer representatives according to the appropriate call cycle frequency and channel to gather information about their shipping process, supply chain, and current transportation challenges in order to create a proposal through which FedEx can add value to the business.
* Persuades potential customers to spend money on FedEx products and services that will help them to grow their business.
* Conducts background research on potential customers using internet tools in order to gain a basic understanding of the customers business before the initial call.
Maintaining and Deepening Customer Relationships
* Develops and maintains relationships within customers organizations in order to uncover opportunities to grow the business by addressing customer needs.
* Follows up with existing clients according to the appropriate call cycle frequency and channel to ensure that customers are satisfied with their current solution and that all of their business needs are being met.
* Presents information to customers on how FedEx is doing on service and how FedEx can save them additional dollars and add more value to their business.
* Troubleshoots and provides answers to customer problems by aligning the customer with the right FedEx resource; including but not limited to, the FedEx Service Guide, Sales Hotline, Customer Service, Operations, and other resources.
* Entertains customers by taking key stakeholder to events or lunch in order to build rapport and uncover any challenges/opportunities.
* Teaches customers how to use the tools and services provided in order to maximize their ability to have successful FedEx shipping experiences.
* Teaches customers how to fully utilize the support resources FedEx offers to ensure questions or problems are handled as quickly and efficiently as possible.
* Maintains knowledge of current FedEx products and solutions that will add value to customers.
* Monitors implementation progress by following up with the customer according to the appropriate call cycle frequency and channel in order to ensure timelines are met and the business activates.
* Works with customers to create and execute implementation plans using appropriate FedEx resources (such as operations, automation, etc.) to ensure expected shipping volume is achieved and customers are satisfied with the solution provided.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities Considered a Plus
Territory location: Downtown Minneapolis and the Northeast Quadrant of Minneapolis
Bachelor's Degree/equivalent. Overnight travel required.
FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce..