Business Service Rep II - Claims - Billing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Billings, Mont. (est. 1898)
* Largest tertiary care hospital and Level II Trauma Center in Montana serving patients in eastern and south-central Mont. and northern Wyo.
* 2,100 associates, 529 medical staff
* 286 beds (201 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
* Cancer Care
* Childrens Healthcare
* Comprehensive Regional Services
* Heart Center
* Orthopedic Services
* Womens Services
St. Vincent Healthcare is an award-winning hospital providing person-centered care. We are People Healing People throughout the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
Visit: www.svh-mt.org POSITION SUMMARY
In this position, the Business Service Representative (BSR) II is responsible for all billing and claims processing services for Home Oxygen and Medical Equipment (HOME).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BILLING AND CLAIMS PROCESSING
* Posts charges to patient accounts, prepares, verifies, and sends electronic and paper claims to third party payers, researches incomplete, incorrect, or outstanding claims and submits claims with knowledge of all insurance plans and contractual arrangements affecting payments
* Investigates and resolves claims submission problems with third party payers and reviews new and existing third party claims processing information
* Posts payments and adjustments to patient accounts, verifies and balances cash and receipts and prepares regular deposits and processes refunds to payers or patients
CREDIT AND COLLECTIONS
* Identifies accounts with unpaid balances over set number of days and performs regular in-house collection calls according to protocols.
* Prepares collection assignment information for manager and provider review and sends approved accounts to outside collection agency
* Processes bankruptcy notices and addresses corrections
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Requirements are
representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the position
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Minimum three years of business office experience in a healthcare setting including billing and claims processing, insurance and CPT and ICD-9 coding, experience in durable medical equipment billing preferred
* Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
* Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including the Microsoft Office Suite and preferably knowledge of IDX or other billing/collections software, as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position